Going to start my 36 bowfront project!

LovelyChaos

So finally I am going to be able to start my aquascaping! I have a ton of plants that need to be planted. Here is what I am working with:

24+ Stems of Cardamine Lyrata

4 Stems of Crypt. Spiralis (some are melting)

4-5 Java Fern Windelov

1 marimo moss ball

1 tori gate decoration

1 smaller piece of driftwood

Sand

My question is, i have a bucket of old sand from my 20 gallon I had previously, can I use this in my aquascape? After being rinsed of course. I prefer the white sand with my oak trim anyways, and Eco-Complete only comes in black \:

I will also be documenting the progress with my tank here, through pictures... etc....

Wish me luck!

It's never a bad idea to disinfect the sand anyway, just in case any nasties have jumped on it whilst it has not been used. I personally disinfect equipment and décor after use, and before use again if it has not been used in a while or if it has been used in a separate tank :)

Can't wait to see the finished result!

Edited by Narny105

It's never a bad idea to disinfect the sand anyway, just in case any nasties have jumped on it whilst it has not been used. I personally disinfect equipment and décor after use, and before use again if it has not been used in a while or if it has been used in a separate tank :)

Can't wait to see the finished result!

How do I disinfect? Boil? :o Hopefully no nasties!

I've boiled gravel, you could do that with the sand too.

Who's going in the tank?

And Your Kitty Is Cute! I want to pet it's lil nose!

I've boiled gravel, you could do that with the sand too.

Who's going in the tank?

And Your Kitty Is Cute! I want to pet it's lil nose!

Tui and La are going in there, along with the baby BN when they are a little bigger. When they get even bigger still one will go in the 55 (:

That's my stray mama cat Widget (: She would love to be petted :rofl

How exciting!! Can't wait to see it all set up! :D

Thanks! I am hoping it will be awesome! :happydance

So apparently, when you plan and do everything weeks in advanced, it only takes like an hour to set up the plants hahaha. I guess it helps I don't have any hairgrass! I finished, I used white sand and river rocks, with api plant tabs, 4 to be exact placed near a wilting java fern (cat fished it out and it dried up) and my cardamine. The only things left to add are the moss ball, and driftwood, along with another rock, but the plecos need something to rasp on (: The crypts and mossball are going through some prazi treatment because there were a couple of questionable things on them, and the other plants went through a prazi dip. The Tori gate has lasted without any paint wearing off, I am pretty sure this one was molded in red resin rather than painted, as I have had no issues with it, and it is chipped and the same color underneath. The 36 is currently my baby tank, where I am working on growing out 4 baby lionhead/chus 1 baby pearlscale, and 1 young ryukin. Pictures will follow shortly (:

Edited by LovelyChaos

DSCN2422.jpg

DSCN2418.jpg

And I know it is way over stocked right now, 4 babies are going to the 55 and the adults are going to the 70, and Tui and La are going in here (:

Edited by LovelyChaos

Beautiful!

Thank you! I am really proud :D I think I am a natural! Hahahah

Awww! Your little baby fishies are so sweet!!

Thank you! They definitely are! The were nibbling on my fingers while I was planting the plants (:

It looks great! I can't wait to see once they all spread out a bit and fill in!

nice cant wait to see the plants spread out :bounce

Thank you guys! :heart The plants will probably be spread out when Tui and La go in so they can have less of a chance of being poached :x