Sign in to follow this  
MahZi

Is there such thing as "too much veggie food"

Hi

Is there such thing as "too much veggie foot"?

I don't mean overfeeding

lately I'm feeding my fish more veggies. like everyday. peas, lettuce, carrot, etc..

I feed them dry foot in the morning, veggies at noon and dry food or those foods that stays on water (green and red) (dont know the name) at night

I can feel the difference, they are more playful, more colorful and even wounds get better faster

is it ok if I replace night meal with veggies too?

oooooooooops

so sorry, I meant food

stupid phone' keyboard

I would definitely feed them at least some staple diet, either a pellet or gel, but you can't really have "Too much" Veggie. You just have to make sure that in addition to that, they get some staple to round out their diet.

I try to limit the amount of vegetables that are higher in sugar, like peas and carrots.

Also, try not to feed those flakes that stay on the water. They aren't very nutritious and can lead to swim bladder issues with your fish later on. I assume the dry food you feed are sinking pellets?

oooooooooops

so sorry, I meant food

stupid phone' keyboard

:lol3

I bet they love all that dry foot you're feeding them! lol too funny :D

You do want to make sure they're still getting protein from their staple diet, whether it's a pellet or a gel food. :) These days I don't actually feed my fish too many veggies, I prefer to feed them soilent green (which has a lot of algae in it, replacing veggies) saki-hikari pellets, and frozen bloodworms. There's more than one right way to feed your goldfish though, so if the veggies along with a staple food works for you, then by all means! Like already mentioned though, do stay away from flakes. They aren't very nutritious and can lead to gulping at the surface habits.