Sign in to follow this  
sarajo

pics!

i finally moved etta to the 40 gallon after her prazi rounds and her uneventful QT :D She is doing very well :) I'm pretty bummed though because in the process of transferring her I scratched off one of her scales :( I'm just going to salt to %0.1 for a while what do you guys think?

here are pics of the both of them, tank shots coming later! My camera died. she seems to be loving the extra space and otis seems to like her already, they haven't left each others sides :heart

007.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

010-1.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

014-1.jpg

Edited by sarajo

It looks great, and the tank is so pretty!

For a lost scale I wouldn't even salt. Just make sure the water stays clean, that's all :)

They are so cute! What fast friends!

Edited by LovelyChaos

It looks great, and the tank is so pretty!

For a lost scale I wouldn't even salt. Just make sure the water stays clean, that's all :)

thank you! and ok will do. I was just concerned because the entire scale was ripped off (that sounds so awful and I'm feeling horrible about it) and it's raw underneath rather than just a little scratch.

What a great pair of fish. :) Yay for an uneventful QT. :)

Clean water usually works well enough. I have accidentally de-scaled my fish too or caused tears in their fins, but I try to use salt only as actual medication. :)

Just keep an eye on it, as long as it looks clean an not infected (which it shouldn't with clean water), then all is good.

:) aww how cute the way they stick together! That's just darling! :) When Mango scraped his back and lost a bunch of scales I treated with nothing but salt and waterchanges!

It is great to hear that they are fast friends! They look so cute.

What a Great set up and I love both of your fish :) they make quite the couple ;) very pretty :)

I can only agree with the others good clean water and your fish scale loss should be no issue ;) may I ask how it happened?

Your orandas are gorgeous! I love their faces!

Ah, they are so cute! Mine took to each other that way too which is SO nice. That last thing you want is to put one in and have them not like each other.

I'm still going to order from Rain Garden next time!

I wouldn't worry about the scale either. Depending on the color it may grow back white or clear. My ryu always grows his back white but my oranda's grow back clear so it looks like they're missing but they're not, either way I believe is normal I read but someone can correct me if I'm wrong :)

Glad your QT was uneventful.

They look really nice together ^^

They look gorgeous!!!! I love those chubby faces :heart

Your fish are beautiful. I love your plants also and your pics are a good close up of them. I think I might even give it another try w/live plants this month.

Thank you everyone! :D

What a Great set up and I love both of your fish :) they make quite the couple ;) very pretty :)

I can only agree with the others good clean water and your fish scale loss should be no issue ;) may I ask how it happened?

When I was trying to snatch her up from the QT tank she was startled and I didn't have a good grip on her, so she swam out of my hands and in the process my nail snagged her scale :(

Both are so cute :heart

thanks koko :) otis is a little rough around the edges and his fins have never healed but he's got so much personality he will always be my fav :heart They remind me of beauty and the beast!

Great to see them together! They look so happy. Congats on your two very pretty fish! :)

thanks koko :) otis is a little rough around the edges and his fins have never healed but he's got so much personality he will always be my fav :heart They remind me of beauty and the beast!

Special fish are the best i think :thumb: