Sign in to follow this  
thatfancygoldfish

TANK IS LEAKING :( :( :( !

I think my tank is leaking and it needs to come down asap :(

It's damaged my drywall and cieling.

My question is: where do I find a 10 gallon storage tub to put my fish in? Is walmart a good place? Please help :(

I'm not familiar with what Walmart has in Canada but I imagine its the same as in the USA. You should be able to find what you need there. I am not sure if all of the tubs are safe for fish or not though. Look for ones that are safe for food storage. Also, many storage tubs have holes in the bottom for drainage and air circulation. Be sure you don't get one of those!

Walmart should be fine. Look for the sterilite brand. Good luck!

Yes Walmart should have a 10 gallon sterlitle container :) Also I have resealed a few of my tanks so I can tell you a cheap alternative ;) It isn't that bad really :D

I agree with everybody else. My mom has large storage tubs from Walmart. I wish you the best of

Luck :)

Ugh! turns out it's my AC70 :( Mum is blaming me. I have to empty it out completely. I caved in and bought a proper 10 gallon because it's cheap. I guess I have to contact aquaclear

Ugh! turns out it's my AC70 :( Mum is blaming me. I have to empty it out completely. I caved in and bought a proper 10 gallon because it's cheap. I guess I have to contact aquaclear

What part of the AC is leaking.... thats strange never had one leak on me :(

What part of the AC is leaking.... thats strange never had one leak on me :(

I dont know, i think it's coming from the back. I know it leaks from the front where the U tube is connected too. I was totally caught off guard by this.

This is my 3rd AC and I've never had a problem with any of it. You should see the damage it did to my floor and wall. I'm still using it in my temp 10 gallon tank now but I'm just watching it carefully. I'm not quite sure how it happened but I did the tape test on my tank. It doesn't look like it's leaking. For now I contacted Hagen to see if they will send me a replacement of some sort. My mum might tell me that I cant keep mango anymore. She's blaming me like I did it on purpose. :( I want to cry.

I know that mine will over flow in the front if the filter pads are getting full of crud....

Do this to see where it is leaking and not just over flowing... Take you filter with out the intake and fill it with water. let it sit on a paper towel or news paper for atleast 6-12 hours. This should show you where it is leaking. I had a tetra filter that leaked at the motor area :o

I'm not familiar with what Walmart has in Canada but I imagine its the same as in the USA. You should be able to find what you need there. I am not sure if all of the tubs are safe for fish or not though. Look for ones that are safe for food storage. Also, many storage tubs have holes in the bottom for drainage and air circulation. Be sure you don't get one of those!

Thank you! :( I looked but I ended up getting a real tank because it was only 15$ which is probably the same that I would have gotten for a stroage tub anyway I would think! :)

Walmart should be fine. Look for the sterilite brand. Good luck!

Thank you!

Yes Walmart should have a 10 gallon sterlitle container :) Also I have resealed a few of my tanks so I can tell you a cheap alternative ;) It isn't that bad really :D

Awesome! Thank you Karen :) I dont think it was my tank that leaked, I'm pretty sure the culprit was my AC70! :( sucks!

I agree with everybody else. My mom has large storage tubs from Walmart. I wish you the best of

Luck :)

Awww thank you hun :( I ended up getting a tank anyway

Guest Jessie

Yep, mine leaked too, I came back from school, and the fishes were freaking out.... :(

I know that mine will over flow in the front if the filter pads are getting full of crud....

Do this to see where it is leaking and not just over flowing... Take you filter with out the intake and fill it with water. let it sit on a paper towel or news paper for atleast 6-12 hours. This should show you where it is leaking. I had a tetra filter that leaked at the motor area :o

Unfortunately at the moment it's the only filter I have, so it needs to keep running :( I can't afford to get another. I recently cleaned out the filter floss last week, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Currently I have a new set up with towels underneath it until I can hear back from Hagen about this. I think it isn't coming from the motor though, the spot where it dampened the wall is above where my filter lid is which is strange. I know my floor is uneven which could have caused my filter to lean against the wall. I might have to move my entire tank downstairs to the main floor.

Oh and the straw that broke the cammel's back :( My heater suction cup just busted! this is not my day!!!

Edited by Artsy Goldfish

I'm sorry this happened, yikes! Maybe the filter just got a little clogged up and so it overflowed, it's very possible. I hope you can get it sorted out!

I also had a lot of trouble with my AC overflowing. I haven't used it for a few months now, and I'm hoping I'll soon have the courage to try it again.

I hope that your mother allows you to keep your fish. :(

I'm sorry this happened, yikes! Maybe the filter just got a little clogged up and so it overflowed, it's very possible. I hope you can get it sorted out!

Thanks Jennie! :( It's quite possible it might have been the cause. I'm currently watching the filter very carefully. I will be putting the main tank in the living room after this.

I also had a lot of trouble with my AC overflowing. I haven't used it for a few months now, and I'm hoping I'll soon have the courage to try it again.

I hope that your mother allows you to keep your fish. :(

Oh no :( ! So I guess this might be a little more common than I thought. I'm wishing you the best of luck with your AC filter when you have it up and running! I did talk to mum. She's seeing red, and told me the tank now has to be on the main floor (which is understandable and I'm fine with that. But she said if something like this happens again and it ruins the hard wood floor she's going to take the fish back to the store and that's that. I mean, I live in her home and have to respect her rules even at 24 years old. I feel bad, but mango will like it in the main floor. There isn't too much traffic over here anyway, everybody goes either upstairs or downstairs

Maybe you can put a container under the HoB so that it catches the drippings, and doesn't ruin her floor?

so I thought I would give you all a couple pictures of the damage this caused to my house as well as a temporary tank solution:

Mango is currently in a 10 gallon and will be for a couple days until everything is sorted out. I have my airpump and stone in there as well as my heater. The filter is my leaky AC70 which thankfully probably has most of my beneficial bacteria in it. I'm going to have to check the water prams and make sure there's no bumps as it settles here and then back to the tank as it settles back down there as well. I also left the plant out of the water, it takes up too much room in the small tank unfortunately

Here's his home.

mdlnD.jpg

Now the damages.

Here's my dry wall :(

EpHEy.jpg

And here's the ceiling which is under the tank

TUKlD.jpg

Oh No :( I hope you got this all sorted out and can keep lovely Mango :) maybe get some white paint for the ceiling to make it up to Mom ;)

Oh No :( I hope you got this all sorted out and can keep lovely Mango :) maybe get some white paint for the ceiling to make it up to Mom ;)

For sure! I said I would pay for all the repairs myself. She shouldn't have to fork over a dime for something that is my fault :heart mum is going to let me keep him, it's just going to be a week or so before Mango will have his main tank back

Aww I am sorry that this happened. I am glad you get to keep Mango! I am sure your mom will calm down once things start getting fixed. It's hard to be mad when the damage done is gone (:

Aww I am sorry that this happened. I am glad you get to keep Mango! I am sure your mom will calm down once things start getting fixed. It's hard to be mad when the damage done is gone (:

:( I hope so. I feel terrible that this happened!

Eeeek I am sorry this happened :hug I hope this gets all figured out, I know when I had my AC over stuffed they would leak o.O I ask glad you can keep little mango :heart ..... That 10gallin really makes it look like he had a growth spurt lol ;)

Eeeek I am sorry this happened :hug I hope this gets all figured out, I know when I had my AC over stuffed they would leak o.O I ask glad you can keep little mango :heart ..... That 10gallin really makes it look like he had a growth spurt lol ;)

Aww :heart thanks Karen :( I really appreciate the support! It might be that my ac is over stuffed, I think I might have to remove a little bit of the filter floss out of it. the water level is pretty high in the filter to be honest. *sigh* :hug You're right about mango though! that little bugger does look a lot bigger in the smaller tank!

Just thinking here, if it is your HOB that is leaking, is there anyway you could have an internal filter? Like a sponge filter or an HMF?

Just thinking here, if it is your HOB that is leaking, is there anyway you could have an internal filter? Like a sponge filter or an HMF?

For the main tank? Or my temporary holding tank?

I keep checking it now, but it doesn't look like it's been leaking at all now. I'm wondering if maybe it's over stuffed OR it's not level enough. An internal filter would be awesome, or even a cannister, but the problem is that a 20 gallon tank doesn't have that much space internally to begin with no? I'm definitely going to consider this