Sign in to follow this  
Goldie Mom

My Ryukins (Eggroll and Dumplin)

image_zpsb9c5ab8e.jpg

My two Ryukins, Eggroll and Dumplin I will be moving from my garden pond to my new inside 55 gal tank when it completes its cycling.

I love red and white ryunkins. Great names too. :)

Thats awesome. look at all that room :yikes

Cute! :)

I know, they have a lot of room and caves to hide in but I am afraid they will not winter well out there. The other goldfish over power them because they are slower. They are little booty wiggles.

Awe! Your going to save them from the weather outside and enjoy them in your home. Do they get to go back to your pond when the weather is appropriate for them again? (if so, you might not want to part with them and take them back ouside.) Looking forward to seeing pics when they get to go to their new home aquarium.

Love the name choice! :D I am looking forward to seeing tank pictures of them :)

Thank you :). I think they will stay inside babies. I will keep the single tailed goldie's outside. I can't wait to bring them in. I am just nervous about their transition from pond to tank.

Thank you :). I think they will stay inside babies. I will keep the single tailed goldie's outside. I can't wait to bring them in. I am just nervous about their transition from pond to tank.

Why? Is it a long distance between pond and tank?

No, I guess because the pond is such a different environment from the tank but that probably won't matter. I will have to make sure I get the tank temp the same as pond (the pond temp range has been between 58-69 since fall).

Can you maybe fill the tank with pond water before transferring the fish? And then over the next few days just keep doing 25% water changes with fresh dechlorinated tap water to slowly transition them to the new water.

As for the temperature, when I have to move a fish to a warmer tank, I usually fill a 1.5g sterilite tub like this http://i.walmartimag...518_500X500.jpg

with the "old, cold" water, add 1 drop of Prime and have this tub float in the warmer tank until the temperature adjusts. With these plastic tubs being thicker and the water volume (there will probably be close to 1gallon of water in the tub) it will take a bit for the water temperature to rise.

I think the tub is supposed to be a "shoe box" and is sold under this description, but sterilite tubs are generally fish safe. Plus the fish spends only a very short time in it anyway :) The tub costs $ 1 at Wally World and I find it very handy for all sort of fish related stuff. :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Thank you for this information. I could bring in buckets of pond water to pour in tank. I did not know you can get smaller shoebox size sterility tubs.

You will enjoy making spoiled brats outta the two you are bringing in!!

((Is there somewhere I can see more pics of your pond??? It looks SO pretty!!))

Edited by Jeana727

image_zps0779c6fd.jpg

Here is my goldfish pond. I have already taken out some plants for the winter.

Wow they are so cute !!!! Can't wait to see them inside :) you have a very nice pond :D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I love your pond! Once again, I have pond envy :)

Cute fish, I'm looking forwards to seeing them close up when they are in the tank ;)

Must say, I love your pond, it's so beautiful. :D

Thank you U.K. I can't wait to see them in there too! (Need cycling patience :)))

The fish are lovely and your pond is gorgeous!! I am jealous! :)

Can't wait to see tank pics once you're cycled. Kinda like watching paint dry . . .

They will look great in a tank.