My Youngin's - Sunny, Kiwi, and Mushu! PIC HEAVY!

I finally was able to get some ok macro shots of my little ones (: They are all in a 20 gallon going through some prazi treatments.

Kiwi is my little Calico Pearlscale, she is super cute and I finally gave her a name (: She also likes to follow me around and is the least scared of my hands.

Sunny is the baby Ranchu/Lionhead, I haven't sexed him but he is super cute, and I believe he is still going through a color change from his fry colors. I also don't know if he is a Lionchu or Ranchu, so he is my little wild card!

Mushu is the little Ryukin, he is bigger than the other two, but he was hanging out at the top looking a little lethargic so I thought he could use a little time in QT.

Ignore the dirtiness of the glass, I haven't been keeping up with cleaning it ):

DSCN2113.jpg

DSCN2115.jpg

DSCN2117.jpg

DSCN2118.jpg

DSCN2119.jpg

DSCN2120.jpg

DSCN2121.jpg

DSCN2123.jpg

DSCN2124.jpg

DSCN2128.jpg

I thought this pic was kinda cool :3

DSCN2131.jpg

nice pics of your "water babies"................WTG............. :clapping:

oh, and thanks.........NOW I WANT A PEARLIE..................... :idea ................... :hummm .............I do have an EMPTY 20 gallon in the basement and a empty 5 gal for a QT..................... :clapping:

nice pics of your "water babies"................WTG............. :clapping:

oh, and thanks.........NOW I WANT A PEARLIE..................... :idea ................... :hummm .............I do have an EMPTY 20 gallon in the basement and a empty 5 gal for a QT..................... :clapping:

Hmm... Well I say, GET NOWWWW

:rofl

Just be sure to do lots of WC in a 5 gal QT (:

Aw. What cute little fishies! :)

Thank you!

Awww! Can't wait to see how they grow, thats the fun part about getting teeny tiny ones! :)

Me too! It is going to be so interesting to see what Sunny becomes :D And how big and pretty they get! :heart

What perfect tiny little goldfish! You have excellent tastes! =P Make sure to take lots and lots of pictures, because before you know it they'll grow an inch or two, get nice and chubby, and be completely different colors from when you bought them :goldfish: Are you planning to groom them?

What perfect tiny little goldfish! You have excellent tastes! =P Make sure to take lots and lots of pictures, because before you know it they'll grow an inch or two, get nice and chubby, and be completely different colors from when you bought them :goldfish: Are you planning to groom them?

Thank you! I will try to get tons of pics, but I am working with a little point and shoot :x I am fairly new to this hobby, I only started in January, what is grooming?

Grooming is the method some hobbyists and most breeders use to raise goldfish. Basically it involves heavier feedings of protein rich foods for optimal growth, warmer water temperatures to increase metabolism, and more water changes (including making sure your goldies have an adequate amount of surface area for oxygen exchange). You often hear of ranchu breeders keeping their fish in tanks with no more that 6 inches of water, which is said to help shape the curve of the back, or tosakin breeders who keep their young fish in round containers to help hold the shape of their tails. These are breed specific examples of grooming. =)

Grooming is the method some hobbyists and most breeders use to raise goldfish. Basically it involves heavier feedings of protein rich foods for optimal growth, warmer water temperatures to increase metabolism, and more water changes (including making sure your goldies have an adequate amount of surface area for oxygen exchange). You often hear of ranchu breeders keeping their fish in tanks with no more that 6 inches of water, which is said to help shape the curve of the back, or tosakin breeders who keep their young fish in round containers to help hold the shape of their tails. These are breed specific examples of grooming. =)

Oh! I see! I am definitely going to try to help them grow out, hopefully I can get what I need to make them some Gel Food (: I am not sure if the little Chu is a Ranchu or a Lionhead, he came in a tank of lionheads, but they all had their wens starting to grow well, and he seemed to be the smallest and youngest (: I'm not sure I could groom to make their characteristics more breed exact, but I am definitely going to try to grow them out (:

They are all really cute! ^^

Thank you! :D

I love your new babies! Where did you get them?

My LFS All For Fish (: I quite like them, they are very knowledgeable and friendly. They even carry bubble eyes on occasion! :D

OH except Mushu, he was from GreenTea, and I am not sure where she got him from (:

Edited by LovelyChaos

bloodworms are excellent for promoting headgrowth ;P

Really? What about pre-soaked freeze dried ones? I don't have fresh and I don't want to feed the freeze-dried plain because of all the scary stories ):

The freeze drying process removes most of the nutrients. If you're not averted to it, the frozen bloodworms work best, and with your guys being so small, you can get away with buying the tiny cubes and have it last awhile.

What scary stories? :o

The freeze drying process removes most of the nutrients. If you're not averted to it, the frozen bloodworms work best, and with your guys being so small, you can get away with buying the tiny cubes and have it last awhile.

What scary stories? :o

I have heard that freeze dried has caused fish blockages or something D: I don't remember exactly, but I was told freeze dried is a no no. But I will see if my LFS has blood worm cubs (: Most of the other pearlies had wens, so maybe little Kiwi has those genetics somewhere! (: She was probably the smallest in the tank.

• Supporter

So I promised myself that I wouldn't pick favorites.............,but I did. I love Sunny! Now, may I please have him? I said please, which makes this a legal and binding contract. :)

So I promised myself that I wouldn't pick favorites.............,but I did. I love Sunny! Now, may I please have him? I said please, which makes this a legal and binding contract. :)

:rofl Well... You did say please.... But he is mine! :P He is quite the little find! It was quite surprising to see a tank of baby lionheads! I have to resist getting more.... :rofl You are more than welcome to enjoy his pictures though!

• Supporter

:rofl Well... You did say please.... But he is mine! :P He is quite the little find! It was quite surprising to see a tank of baby lionheads! I have to resist getting more.... :rofl You are more than welcome to enjoy his pictures though!

Fine, be that way. LOL I suppose you'll have to hurry up with the pictures then. :bat::P