Sign in to follow this  
Avepico

Tank Record Poop

Just got home from work and I see in the tank a poop that is a good 10-11 inches long and a little thin for them. I have Annie the tamasaba and Molly the common in there. I have no idea which one it was from. Today was a fasting day for them, 5 pm yesterday to 5 pm today was the plan. I was planning on breaking their fast with some peas. Assuming the large poop was from constipation, should I extend the fast, use epsom salts on both, or just let it ride and keep an eye on them. I am not seeing any odd behaviors.

What do you feed them? I feel that I should know, but can't remember.

You mean you don't remember everything about everyone you help Alex? Jk. They are on Pro-gold with peas every couple days and frozen brine shrimp once a week or so.

OK. Thanks :rofl

It's up to you on whether to fast. BUT, if you do want to feed, I would go with veggies and brine shrimp for the next few days to let things all clear out before resuming Pro-Gold.

I'll go ahead and fast them for a couple more days, won't hurt them. Then veggies, and shrimp.

On a humorous note, I taught my buddy's 3 year old to say "The fishies POOP on the rocks!" He was so proud of the things she learns when I babysit.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Had to break down and feed them. The way Annie was going, all of my flame moss would be gone by the time I got off work tomorrow. Not any of the cheaper and easier to get plants, the flame moss. A nice helping of peas will hopefully curb her appetite for moss.

LOL

Goldfish: 1

You: :rofl

Had to break down and feed them. The way Annie was going, all of my flame moss would be gone by the time I got off work tomorrow. Not any of the cheaper and easier to get plants, the flame moss. A nice helping of peas will hopefully curb her appetite for moss.

I have this image, in my head, of your fish patting her stomach and saying, "oh god no; I couldn't eat another morsel.".......and then promptly devouring your flame moss.

I could cope with the begging. 30 minutes of watching Annie tear apart my moss did it. If she had been chewing on any of the other plants I would have laughed.

Well, they do know how to get their way :rofl

I have this image, in my head, of your fish patting her stomach and saying, "oh god no; I couldn't eat another morsel.".......and then promptly devouring your flame moss.

If they eat the moss when they have been fed, I will just have to cope with that and forget my flame moss dragon's back. I try to keep lots of anacharis in the tank so they can chew on that if they feel the need for a snack.