Sign in to follow this  
melindapaolino

API test tube tinted

Hello everyone! I hope this is in the right place! I have run into a problem with my api test tube from the api master kit, I somehow managed to forget one and not rinse it, and now its tinted yellow-y

anyone else had this problem? I found api's manufacturer, and they sell the individual test tubes for about 1.99 so its no biggie, just wondering if it was possible to get in un-tinted?

thanks!

I regularly leave my chemicals in the tube (yeah, I am lazy), for me the tint goes away with a good hot water rinse :)

I've had that happen in the past as well. What worked for me is scrunching up a paper towel and cleaning out the inside of the tube with it. It rubs off all the residue, and then you can rinse the tube one last time before letting it dry. :)

I use a pipe cleaner. It works like a charm.

I usually always end up leaving the chemicals in the tube too, sometimes I just cant be bothered, but later the tube has a sort of orange tint to it. I also just use hot water, but it usually also goes away by itself with time :)

i use a pipe cleaner too :P

maybe a soak in vinegar ;)

I am guilty of this laziness as well. Usually I just get a piece of tissue, roll it up and stick it inside to wet tube to wipe it out. Rinse a couple times with hot water and it is as good as new :)

just out of curiosity, could you post a link to the api site selling the tubes. i broke one of mine & was thinking of getting some spares. cant find any on my beloved ebay! :)