Sign in to follow this  
Gil

College Students and Bettas

I've been meaning to share this story with people who would understand how happy it made me. So, I recently got a nice little crowntail boy who's living in a 6.6 gallon tank in my dorm. Would have loved a goldfish, but a betta was really the best choice possible. I made the mistake of letting my friends name him, so he's been christened Honey Boo Boo. :roll: I bought Boo at a Petco the day before I came to college, so I showed up to my dorm on the first day toting him in one of those little death trap cups. The students working the check-in were immediately like "fish! He's cute!" And then immediately proceeded to tell me that the cup could, under no circumstances, make a good home for a betta. I reassured them that his tank was going to be set up momentarily. Later, when I was in the process of doing just that, another staffer poked her head in the open door and made sure that his silk plants weren't plastic that could hurt his fins.

Needless to say, I was a very happy fish lover! It's nice to meet people who really care. Just wanted to share the experience.

Congradulations on your betta! We all understand how happy you are :D Do you have any pics? We all love pictures :clapping:

Congradulations on your betta! We all understand how happy you are :D Do you have any pics? We all love pictures :clapping:

yes we will ALWAYS understand,.................and pics are a must here or it never happened................ :rofl or so I have been told on MANY occasions...........

btw.......love the anxiety girl in your sig.................. :clapping:

Awww that's such a asweet story :)

Wow, sounds like a really nice start to time in dorms for the both of you!

I had a few people ask if my ryukin Kai was going to be living in the kritter keeper he traveled to school in, after they saw the 20 gal in my backseat they were reassured however! :rofl I take every opportunity to educate my friends and others about betta and general fish care, I've found a lot of students don't mind helpful advice, college is a place to learn afterall!

That's a great story. And what a nice start to the school year for you.

Thats fantastic! When my class got a goldfish (in a bowl :krazy:) they all just stared at it and tapped the glass. Until someone idiot, I mean person, put Germ-X in the water. :no:

That is a great story! How's the betta enjoying college life? :)

Great story I felt so awkward when I got my 5g betta tank because a got an oranda at the same time oops but at least I told one of the workers I have a 29gallon.with only one fish and this would be the last tank mate for him.