Sign in to follow this  
sarajo

eggs?

hey guys,

I left for the weekend to house sit for a friend and I come home to a bunch of little light brown balls on the bottom of my tank. I'm not exactly sure what they are as I've never seen anything like it from my goldies. Can you tell me if it looks like eggs?

Here are a couple photos and a video since the photos aren't fantastic quality. as you can see in the video etta likes eating whatever it is.

020.jpg

019.jpg

looks like eggs to me! :clapping: I'm sure she's had a nice big omlet :rofl

Do a big water change and suck those suckers out, eggs can foul up the water fast

Deffinately eggs. Congrats! If you manage to save any send them my way ;)

Do a big water change and suck those suckers out, eggs can foul up the water fast

Haha I'm sure she has! :laugh: I'm hoping this means fry later on down the road :D

Deffinately eggs. Congrats! If you manage to save any send them my way ;)

They are unfortunately not fertilized :(

Edited by sarajo

:lol3:rofl

She has released more eggs! How long does this usually last? Does it happen when the fish is "in season"? or can it happen any time?

I've read before that a healthy female can spawn every 7-14 days. Usually changes in temperature and barometric pressue (storms) inducing spawning, though I've never heard of a female releasing eggs without some sort of chasing.

Make sure to siphon up your eggs, unfertilized eggs will foul up your water super quick.... but my also induce more spawning.

On a side note... Man do I wish I had your problem! =)

:lol3:rofl

More like an eggy soup!

I've read before that a healthy female can spawn every 7-14 days. Usually changes in temperature and barometric pressue (storms) inducing spawning, though I've never heard of a female releasing eggs without some sort of chasing.

Make sure to siphon up your eggs, unfertilized eggs will foul up your water super quick.... but my also induce more spawning.

On a side note... Man do I wish I had your problem! =)

Thank you! I was pretty confused since she is in a QT tank by herself. The weather has been changing and we just had a storm pass so that could be it :)

Do you have any males, or do you ever plan to raise fry? It's a lot of work, but the rewards--IMO--are ten fold. It's amazing to watch a tiny egg turn into a fry and grow into a big, beautiful goldfish! <3