Here Is The New Look

waterfaller1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it has a 29 gallon tank as a sump.The water goes over the overflow into the sump, into a filter sock, then over 4X large media bags filled with 2 different types of Eheim media, then over and under baffles. It is drilled, has a bulkhead, and that goes to an external pump that returns the water via loclines.It used to be our saltwater reef. Took it down to ease the cost.

It really makes a very efficient filter, and oxygenates the water well with the water dropping over the overflow. The only issue I had with it, was when I still had a few endlers left from a nano I used to have, and had them in this tank. I had two boys who liked to chase each other a bit, and one would wind up in the sock on occasion.

What a beautiful aquarium. Your fish are also. How big is your tank? It looks huge. Are there multiple plants clumped together in each section or is it one huge plant? Those are gorgeous. I really love your setup.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)

What a beautiful aquarium. Your fish are also. How big is your tank? It looks huge. Are there multiple plants clumped together in each section or is it one huge plant? Those are gorgeous. I really love your setup.

Thank you. :) This tank is a 90 gallon w/ a 29 gallon sump. The larger plants are in groups of 2-3, and the shorter plants are single.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)

Thank you. :) This tank is a 90 gallon w/ a 29 gallon sump. The larger plants are in groups of 2-3, and the shorter plants are single.

That's a big aquarium. It looks like it might even have been bigger. It is stunning like someone else had said.

• 5 months later...