Setting up 55g Tall Reef

eddie1973

I am in the process of tearing down my 55g tall planted tank. Can't keep up with the snail infestation. Bought my plants online and now I have hundreds and hundreds of annoying snails. The assassin's can't keep up either. Will be changing to a reef as soon as I get all the equipment that I need.

Interesting. What all are you thinking of putting in there?

For corals, I have no idea at the moment. For fish

Blue Spot Jawfish

A few Sand sifter gobies

Coral beauty

Either a Gold Stripe Maroon or Tomato Clown

Bluespotjawfish.jpg

I do love me some gobies.

I don't know much about the specific needs of what you want to put in there but it sounds like an interesting stocking list. For your clown, you would make it very happy to give it an anemone or something to host in.

Definitely keep us updated with pictures. :)

• Admin

I plan on a anemone. Not sure yet, depends on the clown. Not all clowns will host all anemone's.

anemone's are one of the Hardest creatures to take care of.. I highly suggest not getting one right off.. They can melt in the tank and get stuck in the filter intake, if you tank isnt 100%. They are for very experienced SW keepers. :) Clowns will host with mushrooms and other coral plants like them :)

I plan on a anemone. Not sure yet, depends on the clown. Not all clowns will host all anemone's.

anemone's are one of the Hardest creatures to take care of.. I highly suggest not getting one right off.. They can melt in the tank and get stuck in the filter intake, if you tank isnt 100%. They are for very experienced SW keepers. :) Clowns will host with mushrooms and other coral plants like them :)

I know! I don't plan on getting one for awhile. I have had them many years ago...