Sign in to follow this  
Ms.Jenny

Repashy and ProGold Growth

I thought I would post this information here in addition to the more detailed blog post since a lot of people have been interested in growth and diet recently.

I have been feeding my three goldfish ProGold once or twice a day and Repashy once a day for almost two months now. Their weight at the beginning of August was:

Orange Butterfly Tele: 28 grams

Regular Moor: 26 grams

Broadtail Moor: 24 grams

Their weight today is:

Butterfly Tele: 36 grams (+8 grams)

Regular Moor: 36 grams (+10 grams)

Broadtail Moor: 28 grams (+4 grams)

I am really happy with these results so far and excited my normal Moor is growing so well. She is my Petsmart girl and has gone through cycling, living in a 10 gallon, eating cheap food, etc but it doesn't seem to have caused any issues so far.

Overall I am very happy with both these foods and see no reason to change anything, and highly recommend both. :)

Edited by Ms.Jenny

Jenny, would you be able to make a video showing the following:

- how much Pro-Gold you feed at each meal?

- how much Repashy?

% of food relative to body weight is even better, but I think it will be great to have a visual of how much food compared to relative size. :)

I'm glad they are doing so well! :)

I don't know how big exactly C&F are, don't weigh them............all I know is since feeding progold and repashy they have grown ALOT!!

I am happy with the pro gold and repashy foods ................. :clapping:

Awesome! I am feeding pro gold and repashy should be here any day, I hope to see this kind of growth with my little guys :)

and as Alex suggested it would be nice to see the % of body weight you are feeding them :)

thanks for sharing!

Jenny, would you be able to make a video showing the following:

- how much Pro-Gold you feed at each meal?

- how much Repashy?

% of food relative to body weight is even better, but I think it will be great to have a visual of how much food compared to relative size. :)

I'm glad they are doing so well! :)

I feed about 0.50% of their body weight in ProGold each day and about 0.75% in repashy each day. I could definitely take a video of this for you guys as well, but need to rework the amounts now to accomidate their growth. I have MUCH more information on my blog post since I'm basically using that as a diary. :)

I don't know how big exactly C&F are, don't weigh them............all I know is since feeding progold and repashy they have grown ALOT!!

I am happy with the pro gold and repashy foods ................. :clapping:

Awesome! I am feeding pro gold and repashy should be here any day, I hope to see this kind of growth with my little guys :)

and as Alex suggested it would be nice to see the % of body weight you are feeding them :)

thanks for sharing!

Thank you guys! I posted %'s above. :)

Wow this is great and such amazing results and you reminded me that today is weigh in day for my guys :rofl

awesome growth hun.. congratulations on the wonderful progress :heart

Wow this is great and such amazing results and you reminded me that today is weigh in day for my guys :rofl

Thanks Karen! Hope your guys got some extra chubs too! :teehee

awesome growth hun.. congratulations on the wonderful progress :heart

I would have never had progress like this without you guys! :heart

Hi Ms.J, what type of repashy are you feeding? I am going to attempt to get some but I have seen there are about 6 different types

congrats on the chubs! :clapping:

Hi Ms.J, what type of repashy are you feeding? I am going to attempt to get some but I have seen there are about 6 different types

congrats on the chubs! :clapping:

I feed Soilent Green. :) And thank you! I'm sure Googles will get some extra chubs as well if you try it. :)

Today was Goog's 2nd feeding of soilent green :) It smells like a yukky seaside :P

Do you feed anything else other than pellets and repashy? Googles weighs the same as your broadtail moor did in August (24g). It would be great to get a 4g increase like yours did in two months time! Fins crossed!

I feed frozen bloodworms twice a week as well. :)

My broadtail Minnie is very petite and is not as intense during feeding as my other two, but since you only have Googles it should be much easier to get him to eat enough. I have to hand feed Minnie now to make sure she's getting as much as the others because they eat everything twice as fast as her.

What's awesome though is the 4 gram gain she had was with getting around half as much food as the other two in the tank, which is still really good. So I'm sure Googles will give you decent results if your feeding her a full days worth of food instead of half. Maybe even a 10 gram increase like my other Moor Stoney! :)

I'd be lucky to be honest if I see even a point of a gram difference! I've had him for 2 years and he's still pretty little. I'm worried he may be stunted, or it might just be because I fed him rubbush food when I didn't know any better. It's worth a try though :)

I bought some 0.01g digital scales on ebay yesterday so that I can properly measure how much to feed.

What brand of bloodworms do you have? Googles can't get to the top of the tank! Do yours sink? :food

Also, do you give them all a fast day?

I'd be lucky to be honest if I see even a point of a gram difference! I've had him for 2 years and he's still pretty little. I'm worried he may be stunted, or it might just be because I fed him rubbush food when I didn't know any better. It's worth a try though :)

I bought some 0.01g digital scales on ebay yesterday so that I can properly measure how much to feed.

What brand of bloodworms do you have? Googles can't get to the top of the tank! Do yours sink? :food

Also, do you give them all a fast day?

I feed them the Hikari frozen bloodworms and they have no problem sinking. He'll have fun foraging around for them, mine go nuts for a good 20 minutes or so and will keep looking for more after they have all been gone for ages. Bloodworms are definitely a favorite for mine. :)

I don't fast my fish, I never have because I've haven't seen any issues with constipation and I feel it's more natural for them to at least get a small amount of food each day. Sine I've been feeding Repashy, I'll instead give them nothing but Repashy for a day or two each week to make sure they stay regular.

I'm sure he'll gain a little weight, if not in length hopefully in girth! :)

Hi. Do those numbers include vegetables or do you not weigh those?

Or, do you find with repashy you don't need to feed vegetables it is enough?

Looks like for my two guys (one 74g and one 32g) that would be about .5g in progold and .75g in repashy or 1.25g total.

Do you drop in an entire blood worm cube? Or do you thaw it and then pour it in?

Sorry for all the questions!

Looks like for my two guys (one 74g and one 32g) that would be about .5g in progold and .75g in repashy or 1.25g total.

Do you drop in an entire blood worm cube? Or do you thaw it and then pour it in?

I personally don't feed any veggies in addition to Repashy since it has so much natural plant matter/algae in it already. I also feel it's ingredients are a lot more natural for them to be eating and digesting but that is just my personal opinion. I thaw out my bloodworms in water and usually divide up one cube between my two Wakin and my three inside, and just pour it into the aquarium for them. I also turn off my filters first and let them forage for 30 minutes or so. No worries about the questions I don't mind at all. :)

I personally don't feed any veggies in addition to Repashy since it has so much natural plant matter/algae in it already. I also feel it's ingredients are a lot more natural for them to be eating and digesting but that is just my personal opinion. I thaw out my bloodworms in water and usually divide up one cube between my two Wakin and my three inside, and just pour it into the aquarium for them. I also turn off my filters first and let them forage for 30 minutes or so. No worries about the questions I don't mind at all.

I agree.