New Male Guppies :) Pic HEAVY

SO after the loss of my last betta I decided that I would be taking a break from bettas. I still had my 2 ADF's, snails and 1 lonely ghost shrimp left in the tank though so I decided I wanted to get some fish to fill up the top space. I first I was looking at rosy red minnows but decided I would need a bigger tank for them. That was when I thought of male guppies! They are super pretty, and I wanted to make sure I didn;t have to deal with a bunch of babies so I got only males.

I didn't make it to my favorite LFS in the city because I just didn't have time since I was driving everyone around. I got these from petsmart, and they employee I was dealing with really made me mad. I could here the employees asking people how big their tanks were (apparently this must be a new rule) which is good, except for the advice they were giving still sucked majorly. The guy I was talking to was treating me like I was some dumb bimbo and so I explained to him I was part of a fish forum and knew a LOT about fish (and I said he must hear that all the time) and I have many tanks and always have had so I know what I am doing. I even had to correct him on the advice he was giving me! Ugh. He ignored everything I said and was rolling his eyes at me. He kept going on and on about calculating your stocking level using inches, which I told him isn't really that accurate, but in the end I just took my fish and left because he was so annoying.

Well anyways lol enough ranting, here is the fish!

Here they are in their holding container before I put them in the tank

DSC_0239_zps65d5931a.jpg

First thing he did was check out the baby snails lol

DSC_0245_zpsaef2016f.jpg

DSC_0247_zpsfb4e4044.jpg

DSC_0249_zps3a503759.jpg

DSC_0251_zpsda883e76.jpg

DSC_0254_zpsb9e2639f.jpg

DSC_0266_zpsda99684d.jpg

DSC_0268_zps05768814.jpg

Buddies!

DSC_0279_zps2a7b1b56.jpg

SO hard to get pictures of this one. He is fast!

DSC_0285_zps0aa66dd0.jpg

DSC_0290_zpsba364f39.jpg

Here is my apple snail who is temporarily in here until my salt and prazi finishes in the main tank..... I might keep him in here though because he seems to like it

DSC_0291_zpsd7a7f84c.jpg

One of the ADFs

DSC_0293_zps4a22dcf7.jpg

DSC_0294_zps961d771a.jpg

DSC_0297_zps962981f4.jpg

DSC_0300_zps73b6ec30.jpg

DSC_0301_zps694aa2de.jpg

DSC_0302_zps5b76f33e.jpg

Here is one of my 2 year old trumpet snails ( well I have had them for 2 years, they are probably older)

DSC_0303_zps5d6ba3c7.jpg

Here is a baby trumpet snail (only about 5mm long)

DSC_0309_zps3af03c56.jpg

ANother ADF shot

DSC_0308_zpsfb10ef93.jpg

Eating foooooooood!

DSC_0306_zpsd2f31d40.jpg

DSC_0304_zps6ab28662.jpg

Sorry for the ridiculous amount of pictures and the blurriness of some.... I was trying to get at least one picture of every one.... It was hard to do! They are fast little buggers

Edited by haley22

They chase eachother sometime (mock mating behavior) but apparently they do totally fine together.

Sarajo I love my ADF's. I find they very easy to care for. If you have fish in the tank though you will need to take special care to feed them because they are very blind and it takes them a while to find their food. I use an eyedropper and suck up the food (either frozen bloodworms or broken up frog pellets or cruched gel food) mised with a bit of water and hold it right in front of their face and squirt it out. They can just grab it then instead of searching for it and then the other fish eating it. They also need a secure cover on the tank because they can and will jump out. Other then that they are very similar to most tropicl fish except for the fact that they are frogs lol

Edited by haley22

They chase eachother sometime (mock mating behavior) but apparently they do totally fine together.

Sarajo I love my ADF's. I find they very easy to care for. If you have fish in the tank though you will need to take special care to feed them because they are very blind and it takes them a while to find their food. I use an eyedropper and suck up the food (either frozen bloodworms or broken up frog pellets or cruched gel food) mised with a bit of water and hold it right in front of their face and squirt it out. They can just grab it then instead of searching for it and then the other fish eating it. They also need a secure cover on the tank because they can and will jump out. Other then that they are very similar to most tropicl fish except for the fact that they are frogs lol

very cool :) what size tank do you have for them and the guppies? I am considering getting something like this started :)

Thanks guys! It is a ten gallon tank.

I will take a full tank shot tonight! I noticed when I was uploading them that i totally forgot to take one lol

Koko that would have been awesome lol. I am going to take some from my moms bosses tanks at work since they are majorly overstocked since they keep having babies!

I really like them! I actually think i will stick with these for a long time :)