Sign in to follow this  
I-Goldfish

Oranges !

I have heard that oranges are good for goldfish and help with orange colours . I have not got a vegi clip but i wondered how do you feed this without getting orange juice going everywhere ? May sound silly but has always puzzled me ! Thanks .

I buy plastic jars of mandarin orange segments (packed in 100% juice, not heavy syrup). They sink easily and no need for a veggie clip. :)

You can feed oranges, but only on occasion (like as a treat) because of the high sugar content. It really won't help with the orange color though. There isn't really anything that will help with that once you fish starts losing its'c color, but color changes are very unpredictable. I just float a piece or orange in my tank and let the pick it all off the skin and then a remove the skin

My guys love oranges! VERY occasionally though ;) I don't use a veggie clip, I just let them chase the orange segment around the tank, then I fish out what they don't eat an hour or two later! :) It's fun to watch!

I give my girls CITRUS as treats only.............about every 2 weeks...............I have a veggie clip so I slice an orange, lemon, or lime and they LOVE it.............. :D

Oranges and other citrus fruits are great sources of Vitamin C, and definitely can be used as an occasional treat. However, as mentioned above, it should be fed often, because of the very high sugar content :)

Oranges and other citrus fruits are great sources of Vitamin C, and definitely can be used as an occasional treat. However, as mentioned above, it should be fed often, because of the very high sugar content :)

Yes I was only gonna give them a bit as a treat . Guess it doesn't help with orange colour then maybe I just thought that because of the name lol ! Change of topic but for homemade gel food do you need to put mutivitamins in it ? ( got the orange idea from tithra33 YouTube channel where I saw edie eating orange ) :)

I give my girls CITRUS as treats only.............about every 2 weeks...............I have a veggie clip so I slice an orange, lemon, or lime and they LOVE it.............. :D

Thanks

I buy plastic jars of mandarin orange segments (packed in 100% juice, not heavy syrup). They sink easily and no need for a veggie clip. :)

Thanks

You can feed oranges, but only on occasion (like as a treat) because of the high sugar content. It really won't help with the orange color though. There isn't really anything that will help with that once you fish starts losing its'c color, but color changes are very unpredictable. I just float a piece or orange in my tank and let the pick it all off the skin and then a remove the skin

Thanks , my fish is not actually changing colour I just wondered if anything helps orange colour as I have heard spirulina does and cArotene , maybe it's not true .

My guys love oranges! VERY occasionally though ;) I don't use a veggie clip, I just let them chase the orange segment around the tank, then I fish out what they don't eat an hour or two later! :) It's fun to watch!

Yes I will probably just do that ! Thanks :)

Spirulina will actually give your goldfish a more yellow hue which is most noticable on white fish. Many people don't like that as they want they're fish to be very white, but to some it doesn't matter (and it looks really neat too!)

Spirulina will actually give your goldfish a more yellow hue which is most noticable on white fish. Many people don't like that as they want they're fish to be very white, but to some it doesn't matter (and it looks really neat too!)

Oh cool . I'm always learning stuff on her and I like yellow so win win haha . Thanks btw :)