Sign in to follow this  
orandafan1981

Two fish demolition crew ;-)

I bought some lovely java fern windelov from ebay and attached it to some driftwood. Miles and mingus are dismantling it piece by piece. Every morning i come down to find another bit pulled of its ryzome and floating around the tank :o I've already removed the moss balls as they have pulled out great big holes and left the bits to clog up my filters. I made a little feature out of themzegyjetu.jpg

I even put some water sprite in there for them to munch on! Oh well as long as they are entertained :wub:

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

yep they will do that ;) I keep anarchas in the tank for them to munch on ;) and the leave my anubias alone thankfully :)

I think I've seen your tanks on you tube. They look lovely, i like the black backgrounds. Apparently elodea is quite good too but i'm waiting till i get a bigger tank to get some different plants

Ya this is what goldfish do. That is why you just have to keep trying plants they don't like to snack on. So far for me java fern works and so does amazon swords.

Hey thats cool looking :thumb:

I like what you did with the moss balls!

My goldfish doesn't eat java fern, anubias, cryptocorynes, or sword plants (unless they're babies). He DOES eat Brazilian pennywort, elodea/anacharias, and duckweed.

Your mileage may vary of course. Some fish will just eat everything, sadly. I hope you find some plants that work out, though! Planted tanks are awesome.

The Only live plants I have been able to keep are bammboo. Every thing elese I got was destroyed in short order. I even tried putting the roots of pthose in a small plastick basket, they crushed one side to get to it. swords planter with a wieght got ripped lose and thr roos torn off. :flex: Strong fish. Yin will throw river rocks at the glass on fasting day, and splash the water at the top. I never knew fish were noisey, shocking to me and my mom. I had to throw away some silk plants and reglue the rest becouse they ripped the leaves off. They are naughty fish, and need anger managment I believe. I shall not add any more these two could hurt a smaller fish.

Mine also protest on fasting day by trashing the place. :lol:

Mine leave the Aubias alone (thankfully) but MOW DOWN any other live plant....which is why I have SEVERAL fake ones!! ((HaHA try to eat THESE plants you finned piggies!!))

Mine also protest on fasting day by trashing the place. :lol:

LOL.. Just like little kids--if you don't keep them busy, they'll make a mess of whatever is around!