Sign in to follow this  
Shenlon

How to feed Hikari Frozen Food ?

I went to pet smart this morning and picked up some hikari frozen food/treats for Arthur.

What is the best method to feed this ? Do I thaw ?

I just drop my bloodworm cube in this unipet-worm-cone-feeder-bloodworm-brineshrimp-tubifex-1097-p.jpg Then let it thaw in there and let them peck at it lol. Before this though I would scoop up some tank water in a small cup then but the bloodworm cube in there till thawed then use a blunt tooth pick to feed :)

You have been a super help today :)

Thank you so much.

I also use the above holder for blood worms :) but for other treats like frozen brine shrimp/daphna you can also thaw in a small cup of tank water then just dump in the tank when ready :)

I thaw in water and then use a tooth pick to feed. But I like to look of the feeder.

Melt it in a cup of tank water and just pour it in. They seem to like it just fine.

You should really strain the worms and not use any of the melted water :)

Where can I get that blood worm feeder?

I think I got mine from Petco :)

I turn off my filters and allow them to forage freely for the worms for about a half hour, they really seem to enjoy it c:

I turn off my filters and allow them to forage freely for the worms for about a half hour, they really seem to enjoy it c:

This is what I do as well. :)

Even turning down the ACs is sufficient to keep the worms from being sucked up.

I just drop my bloodworm cube in this unipet-worm-cone-feeder-bloodworm-brineshrimp-tubifex-1097-p.jpg Then let it thaw in there and let them peck at it lol. Before this though I would scoop up some tank water in a small cup then but the bloodworm cube in there till thawed then use a blunt tooth pick to feed :)

Hi-

What is that thing? where does one get one? It looks like an interesting feeding device, something that could help with half the food becoming lost in the gravel.

Thanks,

Al