Sign in to follow this  
LovelyChaos

Yuki's Bachelor Pad

Yuki is my gorgeous doubletail possible halfmoon betta. The little sucker is nipping his fins. He is in a 2.5 gallon with a filter. He loves his shark. He likes to hide in it. I have to replace it soon though, the paint is bubbling ): He is such a little personality. :3 Can someone tell me what plant that is? I have had it for 9 months and it hasn't rotted underwater......

DSCN2057.jpg

he is so pretty!

I *think* it might be a Borneo fern, which is not a true aquatic plant (usually used in terrariums). Just keep an eye on it, as long as it isn't rotting it is fine :)

he is so pretty!

I *think* it might be a Borneo fern, which is not a true aquatic plant (usually used in terrariums). Just keep an eye on it, as long as it isn't rotting it is fine :)

I got it in one of those stupid tubs that sell a ton of terrestrial plants that are labled as aquatic. I will check it out. I have two and they just get brown leaves. I cut them off and they seem to be growing well. Thank you :D

What a handsome boy! Love the tank, too! :D

Thank you! He had to give up the 20 to the new pearlie cause my QT filter went out, but he will get to go back when she is out (;

He's pretty. Maybe more plants would help him stop nipping.

He's pretty. Maybe more plants would help him stop nipping.

He does it once every few months \: He seemed to have calmed down but I think the filters pushing his fins made him nip again. I'm planning on getting some pretty plants for him soon (:

Aww there's Kaida's twin! :) He's such a pretty boy. Hopefully he'll stop nipping soon though!

P.S. - I LOVE that little glass sphere you have in there. It's such a great idea

Pretty betta,

hope you can figure out a way to keep him from nipping at his fins ................................. :D

Awww what a cutie :)

He's so pretty! I have a fin nipper myself, and now his fins have grown back really deformed- but it doesn't matter, since he nips it back off anyway :rofl

:3 Thanks guys! I love my Yuki so much! He just flared at me for the first time though :rofl Hopefully he was just scared and will get along in my eventual community tank :3

Goodness he is beautiful! I'd love to get a pink betta some day.

He's lovely. I can see why so many people keep bettas now. They are so pretty!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Goodness he is beautiful! I'd love to get a pink betta some day.

He is actually white and red, but the light he has is so strong it kind of shines through him! Which is weird, cause he is also a dragonscale. But there are some bettas who appear to be pink (;

He's lovely. I can see why so many people keep bettas now. They are so pretty!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

They are! I can't imagine not having a betta. I went a few years without one and it just didn't feel right!

He is very pretty! My betta that used to nip his fins would do that too. He would be fine for months and then all of a sudden I would wake up one morning and his fins were eaten........ such a pain in the a**!!!! Adding a ton of plants really helped though

Before I got a betta, I had the good fortune to hear a talk from a longtime profession betta breeder who was highly respected. He said bettas like plants, the more the better.

Before I got a betta, I had the good fortune to hear a talk from a longtime profession betta breeder who was highly respected. He said bettas like plants, the more the better.

He is very pretty! My betta that used to nip his fins would do that too. He would be fine for months and then all of a sudden I would wake up one morning and his fins were eaten........ such a pain in the a**!!!! Adding a ton of plants really helped though

I will try more plants! I will probably add one of my Java ferns with him. He does really like that fern in there, even though it isn't really aquatic.

he is gorgeous :) I would also add some plants,and I love the sphere too ;)