How many times a day do you feed your fish?

tithra

How many times a day do you feed your fish?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How many times a day do you feed your fish on average?

• Less than one time (e.g. every other day, every two days etc.)
    • 1x a day
    • 2x a day
    • 3x a day
    • 4-5x a day
    • 6 or more times a day

For the 100 gallons - twice a day...only soilent green, with the occasional Pro-Gold or bloodworm treat

For the 55 gallons - 3x a day...twice Pro-Gold, and once soilent green.

:)

I just started w/ 2x/day a few days ago-1x Rapashy and 1x Pro Gold. It was just 1x day-but some of my Veils look a little thin to me,so I bumped it up and added the PG.I finally found that I could feed the PG if I soak it for like an hour! :yikes It looks like mud after an hour-but nobody floats on it :clapping: I also feed FBW and FBS as treats :feedme

I only feed once a day, but I make sure that they all get some (: I also fast once a week. I have flakes right now and I am really paranoid about floatiness even though I soak them and feed it to them under the water. I am going to try to save up for some hikari pellets from my lfs (:

Edited by LovelyChaos

I feed three, maybe four times a day with soilent green, and occasionally I will also have a day where they will get some blanched spinach in the morning and some at night :)

My nitrates go through the roof though :P

Edited by Narny105

I normally feed twice daily. I give them a piece of Mazuri & a piece of Rapashy. I dunk each piece under the water & kinda break in up....by then the Feeding Frenzy has fully kicked in. Every now & then I'll drop in some chopped veggies or fruit...whatever I am making for us.........their little beady eyes peer at me into the kitchen!! And now & then a few pieces of Progold. Bloodworms whenever I think about it.

But Mazuir & Rapashy is the main food.

Edited by Jeana727

For the goldfish three times a day. The angelfish and oscar tank get twice a day. Betta tank gets once a day and once a week for the frogs. Brackish water tank gets once a week.

I feed 4-5 times a day typically, probably 6 or more on weekends. I use pill boxes to measure out the amount of food each fish should have for the day and just throw a little in at a time whenever I am near the tank ;)

Average 2-3x a day but juveniles I am growing out are fed more often. Lots of plain, cooked veggies in addition to meals (prevents my plants from being devoured). I use a variety of commercial sinking foods (Hikari more so than others) as well as homemade gel foods and fresh protiens and occasional fruits. The guys outdoors are fed less often (maybe 1-2x a day if that).

I used to feed three times a day at least, but have moved to one ProGold feeding in the morning and one Repashy feeding at night to help keep Nitrates low. Everyone seems happy so far and the Nitrates have been around 10ppm before water changes. :)

I enjoyed also how everyone feeds their own fish. I usually feed twice a day. But there has been days only once a day. Tonight I fed them nothing. Last night I did pellets for breakfast and shelled peas in the evening. Tomorrow I will feed them twice. And I have learned to soak food prior to feeding.

I used to feed three times a day at least, but have moved to one ProGold feeding in the morning and one Repashy feeding at night to help keep Nitrates low. Everyone seems happy so far and the Nitrates have been around 10ppm before water changes.

Have others noticed that the nitrates are high since switching to Repashy? I sure have! What can be done about it?

I used to feed three times a day at least, but have moved to one ProGold feeding in the morning and one Repashy feeding at night to help keep Nitrates low. Everyone seems happy so far and the Nitrates have been around 10ppm before water changes.

Have others noticed that the nitrates are high since switching to Repashy? I sure have! What can be done about it?

I actually added two new goldfish to my tank right when I started feeding Repashy, so natually the nitrate level went up. I think it just keeps them EXTRA regular which might influence nitrates, but I can't say I've actually experienced higher nitrates because of Repashy. I would be interested in what others have to say about this though. :)

the big guys get fed twice a day

and the wee ones three feeds a day (Cupid in hospital 3 medicated feeds)

alternating between the new repashy gel food frozen blood worms and brine shrimp,

and whats left of my hilari saki (purple bag) and hikari algae wafers,

fasting on Saturday's and green beans/peas on Sunday's

geez that sounds complicated ;) lol