Weight and size of your fish?

tithra

Hey Tithra, hope you are still doing this!

1.75in, 13g

2.25in, 17g

:) I am still adding anything anyone posts

Jess, I didn't size my fish but I did weight them all before I put them into the pond. Do you prefer weights AND sizes over just weights?

I need weight and size together :) (size not including tail)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

9 comets ages from 0-3 yrs pond fish (size in body length)

Weight Length

Jamm: 75 g 5 1/2 "

Big Boy: 116 g 6 "

3: 36 g 4 "

4: 41 g 4 1/2 "

5: 46 g 4 1/2 "

6: 23 g 3 1/2 "

7: 37 g 4 1/2 "

8: 23 g 4 "

9: 16 g 3 "

• 2 months later...

I've weighed and re-weighed Johnny the ryukin. She is 506g +/- 5 grams!!!!!! Her length is still around 7-7.5 inches. She's around 2 1/2 years old. We've had her for two years now.

I need to re-home this girl to a pond! Ahhhhhhh!!! Anybody in the SF Bay area want a big ryukin in their pond?

Edited by schoolie

I've weighed and re-weighed Johnny the ryukin. She is 506g +/- 5 grams!!!!!! Her length is still around 7-7.5 inches. She's around 2 1/2 years old. We've had her for two years now.

I need to re-home this girl to a pond! Ahhhhhhh!!! Anybody in the SF Bay area want a big ryukin in their pond?

Seriously!? That is ginormous!! Are there recent pics of her anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh my, yes she is a big girl! you got some crazy genetics there, and yes, for fancies you definitely win for weight :P

I don't know if I would call it "winning" :) I think she has some whale shark in her blood line :rofl

Can you post the link to the thread you made with how much they should eat if they weigh x ? I cant find it :(

I am not sure which thread that is?

anywhere from .5% to 1% of body weight in food a day is typically recommended ;)

Can you post the link to the thread you made with how much they should eat if they weigh x ? I cant find it :(

I am not sure which thread that is?

anywhere from .5% to 1% of body weight in food a day is typically recommended ;)

Thank yoU

* oh I think it was the thread where you counted out pellets or something..

Edited by blubblubblub

Just happened to have weighed mine this weekend!

Orange Ryukin 162g 5"

Red & White Ryukin 152g 5"

Black Oranda 138g 3.75"

Broadtail Moor 70g 3.25"

Light Orange Ryukin 44g 2.25"

Orange & White Fantail 44g 2.5"

Ribbon Tail Ryukin 14g 1.25"

I finally bought a scale to participate in your thread.

I weighed my fish today and here are the results.

Black Moor (Bugsy) 4 inches including tail. 2 1/2 body only. 26 grams

Crowned Pearlscale (Pearl) 4 1/2 inches including tail. 2 1/2 body only. 42 grams

Orange Oranda (Cheeto) 5 3/4 inches including tail. 3 body only. 66 grams

Red Cap (Valentino) 6 inches including tail. 3 3/4 body only. 72 grams

Blue Oranda (Jet) 6 1/2 inches including tail. 3 1/2 body only. 96 grams a few days ago. I weighed him today and it said 105 grams. That can't be right by gaining that much weight. He's in qt with light eating. I think I would post the 96 grams tithra.

Thanks

Oh I understood how to weigh them, I meant to find measure how long they are lol. They are so wriggly!

Any tips on how to measure length? I regularly weigh mine to calculate food etc but have always had difficulty measuring length! Too wiggly!

Oh I understood how to weigh them, I meant to find measure how long they are lol. They are so wriggly!

Any tips on how to measure length? I regularly weigh mine to calculate food etc but have always had difficulty measuring length! Too wiggly!

After you get a hold of your fish into the palm of your hand bring him/her to the front of your aquarium. (Your fish is in the water ) Hold him/her flat against the glass. Not to close your squishing him/her. :) You should be able to take your ruler now and hold it up to the out side of the front of your tank glass and measure your fish. You should be able to get a pretty decent measurement of maybe being off by 1/8 inch. Just make sure his/her tail is flat out against the glass also. Tithra wants body measurements only. From the tip of the face/nose to the beginning of the tail. I can't think of what that is called on the fish.?? Stop measuring just before you hit where the tail gets flowy. (help people what's the name. ha ha :) ) I personally like to measure the length of the fish including their tail. I posted both measurements more for me though. :) Hope this helps.

After you get a hold of your fish into the palm of your hand bring him/her to the front of your aquarium. (Your fish is in the water ) Hold him/her flat against the glass. Not to close your squishing him/her. :) You should be able to take your ruler now and hold it up to the out side of the front of your tank glass and measure your fish. You should be able to get a pretty decent measurement of maybe being off by 1/8 inch. Just make sure his/her tail is flat out against the glass also. Tithra wants body measurements only. From the tip of the face/nose to the beginning of the tail. I can't think of what that is called on the fish.?? Stop measuring just before you hit where the tail gets flowy. (help people what's the name. ha ha :) ) I personally like to measure the length of the fish including their tail. I posted both measurements more for me though. :) Hope this helps.

Thank you! I'm still a total newb! Will give this a try! :)