Venting Frustrations

So, after dealing with all my local pet stores, I decided to order a couple of Bubble Eyes online. I was all happy and excited because I found a place with excellent reviews on live fish with extremely cheap shipping (Petsolutions). The website said they had plenty in stock. I placed my order last night.

I woke up this morning to an email saying they were out of stock, and my money will be refunded in a few days. They fixed the website to say they were out of stock, at least.

:wall

The world is trying to prevent me from owning Bubble Eyes. Bah. I've never been the patient kind, and I had to pick the hardest-to-obtain GF at the worst time of year, evidently.

My boyfriend keeps telling me BEs are ugly and continues to make fun of them. I felt the need to complain to other people who enjoy goldfish. Sorry if I shouldn't be doing this sort've thing on the forums... :rolleyes:

Anyone else have major issues purchasing fish they needed to have? :krazy:

Why not get them from Dandy Orandas' auctions that are held weekly on goldfishconnection.com? The bubble eyes there are beyond gorgeous!

They're quite simply too expensive. Last time I looked at GC's auctions, they were in the sixties/seventies, and I assume that's not including shipping. I'm also one of those kinds that prefers buying really young fish and watching them grow. It looked like those fish are all fairly old. :idont

DO fish are a bit expensive, but you could try to email Rick and ask if they had any bubble eyes that are not in a current auction (considered only a small percentage of their fish is up for auction every week).

I don't think Raingarden Goldfish currently has bubble eyes, but it surely will not hurt to shoot Steve an email either. Worst case scenario is that he tells you that he won't have any for a while.

BUT I have seen several sellers on ebay lately that have great feedback, and sell live goldfish, and often there are bubble eyes too.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item416a0d1b27

This here is "just" going to be some random orange or red bubble eye, but the fish is only $ 12 and one-day shipping only $ 35. Really not too bad for buying them online at all :)

One LFS near me often has beautiful medium sized bubble eyes for around $ 30. Most of the time calicos. I'd say they are about 3-4" in body length, even got me very tempted. I don't think they'd ship though.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

DO fish are a bit expensive, but you could try to email Rick and ask if they had any bubble eyes that are not in a current auction (considered only a small percentage of their fish is up for auction every week).

I don't think Raingarden Goldfish currently has bubble eyes, but it surely will not hurt to shoot Steve an email either. Worst case scenario is that he tells you that he won't have any for a while.

BUT I have seen several sellers on ebay lately that have great feedback, and sell live goldfish, and often there are bubble eyes too.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item416a0d1b27

This here is "just" going to be some random orange or red bubble eye, but the fish is only $ 12 and one-day shipping only $ 35. Really not too bad for buying them online at all :)

One LFS near me often has beautiful medium sized bubble eyes for around $ 30. Most of the time calicos. I'd say they are about 3-4" in body length, even got me very tempted. I don't think they'd ship though.

I was talking to someone yesterday, they said RG doesn't ever have Bubble Eyes, but I suppose it'd be worth emailing them (and GC, I guess).

And thanks for the link. Someone gave the same one to me yesterday, I'll have to make a decision on them sometime before tonight, lol. They do get good reviews. :hmm Ebay just makes me nervous. I guess it shouldn't, lol.

I've been to every fish store within an hour radius of my house, the majority of them don't even get BEs in, and they won't order them for one customer. I'm jealous of your petstores, lol. :please

:( I'm sorry you are having so much trouble!

Thanks. :thud

Steve from RG refuses to breed bubble eyes cause of shipping complications, MissColonel has also felt the sting of being unable to find bubble eyes. My LFS stocks them. I wish I knew about fish shipping cause I could run a business buying from them and shipping to you guys! :rofl

Yes I have emailed just about everyone I really think while your tank us cycling to save up for a DO goldie and ask for younger fish ;) the only reason I haven is because I am at stocking limits til I find more space :rofl well if I see a epic bubble eye will make room instantly :rofl

Steve from RG refuses to breed bubble eyes cause of shipping complications, MissColonel has also felt the sting of being unable to find bubble eyes. My LFS stocks them. I wish I knew about fish shipping cause I could run a business buying from them and shipping to you guys! :rofl

Y'know, you really should. XD There should be an online store dedicated to Bubble Eyes. They could sell BE-safe filters, decorations, plants, and the BEs themselves. They would make tonnes of money.

Well, probably not... But it's still a good idea. :D

Yes I have emailed just about everyone I really think while your tank us cycling to save up for a DO goldie and ask for younger fish ;) the only reason I haven is because I am at stocking limits til I find more space :rofl well if I see a epic bubble eye will make room instantly :rofl

That's what I keep telling myself... I wish I wasn't so impatient. :rolleyes:

I got two goldies from ebay. It went very well and ebay backs up the buyer most of the time.

Ebay keeps seeming like a better option, lol.

At least the waiting on fish has allowed me to finally complete my tank. I put an Anubias Nana in there, though I'm not really sure how to take care of aquatic plants... from what I've read, these guys are pretty hardy. I'm on wellwater, so I shouldn't need to add any other nutrients for the time being, right? :idont

(I haven't put the mesh on the filter yet, as I don't really see the need at the moment.)

tumblr_mazndodcHK1rgyugmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mazndodcHK1rgyugmo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mazndodcHK1rgyugmo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mazndodcHK1rgyugmo4_r1_1280.jpg

Edited by Jadeziaa

I am concerned with is your filter it is a internal filter which takes up space and if you have the largest size of the internal filter by tetra it only has 170gph which is way to small for that tank which is 30gallon right? I suggest getting 2 HOB aqua clears they will give you a stronger cycle and more media ;) Also it will be hard to protect bubble eyes on that filter.

I am also wearly of those sideway containers since if your bubble eye got into one and jerked out fast their bubble could pop as they speed out I would take those out before adding the bubble eyes ;)

Other than that it looks good :clapping:

Edited by MissColonel

Well, the mesh I'm putting on should do the job fairly well (it weakens the sucking by a lot). Though yes, it does only filter 150gph. I'm adding in the ten gallon filter soon, so it'll go up to 240gph. I realize that's still not enough (I'm aiming for 300gph, right?). Money's an issue there, too... :peeka Though, my birthday is in a little more than a week, so I should be getting some loot out of that to buy better filters. :D

(I'm currently unemployed, and paying for gas and college is killing me as it is, lol)

As for the sideways containers, I'll just add some more of the stones so they can't get in, I suppose. I'm really liking how they look. :unsure: I didn't realize they could move fast enough to pop their own bubbles, lol.

Your tank looks nice, I like it~~~I don't know if it is the right set up for a bubble eye goldie tho.........from what I understand their eye bubbles can be very delicate......but that tank would be an awesome start for a nice fan-tail............................ ;)

I think also that 2 hob filters (aqua clears) are in order with a goldie.............they are messy little rascals..........so the more filtration the better !!!

For your birthday ask for this it is only $40bucks :) and it will give you the 300gph http://www.amazon.co...s=aquaclear+70. Filtration is really necessary for goldfish specailly the reccomended amount ;) Also since you are in college you should get amazon prime for students it is free and gives you awesome perks ;) I did that :D

When it comes to bubble eye the goldies themself are the show stopper and really don't need to many decorations specially if it could endangers them and if you put rocks in them make sure to really clean them out with the water changes to prevent bad bacteria ;) I though think they should come out though. I am on the over protected side for my bubble eyes but I have never had one lose a bubble and the sand I have in Sunny's tank gives her more than enough entertainment ;) I also will be adding some moss balls for her too :)

Edited by MissColonel

Your tank looks nice, I like it~~~I don't know if it is the right set up for a bubble eye goldie tho.........from what I understand their eye bubbles can be very delicate......but that tank would be an awesome start for a nice fan-tail............................ ;)

I think also that 2 hob filters (aqua clears) are in order with a goldie.............they are messy little rascals..........so the more filtration the better !!!

Everything is round and smooth, so there's nothing really likely to pop the bubbles, lol. I'm just worried about the filter and the overturned glasses, now. I could probably take them out and leave the stones. They're shiny and pretty. :P As for the filters, well, I shall work on it.

For your birthday ask for this it is only $40bucks :) and it will give you the 300gph http://www.amazon.co...s=aquaclear+70. Filtration is really necessary for goldfish specailly the reccomended amount ;) Also since you are in college you should get amazon prime for students it is free and gives you awesome perks ;) I did that :D

When it comes to bubble eye the goldies themself are the show stopper and really don't need to many decorations specially if it could endangers them and if you put rocks in them make sure to really clean them out with the water changes to prevent bad bacteria ;) I though think they should come out though. I am on the over protected side for my bubble eyes but I have never had one lose a bubble and the sand I have in Sunny's tank gives her more than enough entertainment ;) I also will be adding some moss balls for her too :)

Sand worries me, I'm not really sure how to clean it. I've read mixed things on it. I'll stick with barebottom until I feel comfortable with sand. And there is a moss ball in my tank, it's just small and hiding behind the pot, lol.

I'll look into the Amazon stuff once I get more money. I haven't heard about Amazon Prime before. Thanks :)

Will that filter need a "prefilter sponge" sort of thing?

Edited by Jadeziaa

Actually alot of members here don't clean it and just dump it in when it comes to the moonlight sand from carbsea naturals(only sand i recommend for bubble eyes) I have never washed it actually and when I do a water change just gently glide over it and BAM clean lol. The goldies sift through the sand constantly preventing terrible gasses being created :) Also you only add a thin layer as well like 1/4 of the inch max deep ;) I used to have bare bottom but after seeing them play in the sand all day i am never going back and just added sand to all my tank :rofl

Here is the start of amazon prime for students :Dhttp://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_student/?_encoding=UTF8&node=668781011

I am not sure i understand your questioin on the prefilter sponge. I do have sponges in my filters and i actually don't use cartridges here is Tithra and one of here videos on DIY media it is way cheaper than cartridges ;)

I might look into sand eventually. I know it's easier to put in than it is to take out, lol. :P I'll have to really read about it and such before putting it in.

Thanks for the link! :rolleyes:

I've read in some places, they use a prefilter sponge to prevent the BEs cheeks from getting sucked into the filter. Will that filter need any type of mesh/protection for the BEs?

Oh yes the ;) I wrap filter floss around mine here is a photo sorry for the bad quality :P With bubble eyes all filters need something to cover the intakes to prevent bubble popping ;)

DSC02988_zps90bae50e.jpg

Okeydokes. Good to know =D Thanks. ^.^

I was wondering, should I increase the amount of ammonia I'm adding to the tank to keep the bacteria alive since the Anubias will also be absorbing the ammonia now?