Online Goldfish Purchase

Has anyone dealt with "Buygoldfishonline.com" before?

I'm very skeptical of buying anything online, and I've never purchased a fish online before. Does anyone have any experience with this site?

I've lost hope in the stores in my area for Bubble Eye Goldfish, and Goldfish Connection is just too expensive for me. :unsure:

Sorry, I'm not really sure where this thread would go. I apologize if it's in the wrong section.

I think Oerba Yun Fang has had an experience with them, but I think it was bad. Look for their ebay store so you can see the fish you are getting. We really only swear by RG and GC but RG won't breed bubble eyes \:

I think Oerba Yun Fang has had an experience with them, but I think it was bad. Look for their ebay store so you can see the fish you are getting. We really only swear by RG and GC but RG won't breed bubble eyes \:

Yeah, I was looking at Rain Garden, and they didn't seem to have any. :unsure:

I'm not really sure if Buygoldfishonline has an ebay store... :idont

they do have an ebay store, if you choose to buy from them I would get them there because you can see the actual fish you are buying. On the site you are just ordering that type of fish, you do not get to see what you are actually buying which is not a good idea.

A couple people have ordered from them. There has been at least one bad experience where the fish came headstanding (possibly from internal parasites) and the seller refused to do anything. Others had okay experiences.

Have you asked if you LFS would special order some for you?

they do have an ebay store, if you choose to buy from them I would get them there because you can see the actual fish you are buying. On the site you are just ordering that type of fish, you do not get to see what you are actually buying which is not a good idea.

A couple people have ordered from them. There has been at least one bad experience where the fish came headstanding (possibly from internal parasites) and the seller refused to do anything. Others had okay experiences.

Have you asked if you LFS would special order some for you?

I couldn't find a link to the eBay site from the main site, so I just assumed they didn't have one. :oops:

And I have tried asking, and they either can't figure out what a Bubble Eye Goldfish is, or their breeder didn't send them. I really wish these stores would train their employees to at least know what fish is what. I had the one store order some on Saturday, they said the fish would be in today, and they'd call me if any issues arose. So, I went up, they didn't have my fish in, and then tried to tell me their Black Telescopes were Bubble Eyes. I then called up a store a little ways a way, they said they had Bubble Eyes... that turned out to actually be Black Telescopes again. I'm quite irritated with the stores around here, to be honest. :wall

Have you seen this listing on eBay? http://www.ebay.com/...=item416a0d1b27

$11.00 for the fish and $35.00 for shipping.

Thanks for the link! I'm looking mainly at Calicos (originally I wanted Reds/Oranges, but the Calicos have grown on me since I was promised Calicos from my LFS) at the moment, but considering everything, I may order from them. Their reviews seem good.

Here's the link to the ebay store http://myworld.ebay.com/buygoldfish?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

they have generally good feedback so it may be worth a try :)

Sounds like your LFS has no idea what a bubble eye is :P maybe you should show them a picture lol

Here's the link to the ebay store http://myworld.ebay....=p2047675.l2559

they have generally good feedback so it may be worth a try :)

Sounds like your LFS has no idea what a bubble eye is :P maybe you should show them a picture lol

Lol, maybe. Worth a shot. :P

My Eggbert from that seller still is doing fine. She's always fine. :)

Well, that's good to hear. :D How was the shipping and such?

The shipping was immediate. While it is nice to get a fish quickly, the fish obviously wasn't fasted because there wasn't time. I didn't check the parameters of the bag. (RG fasts fish before shipping them so they won't foul their shipping water with too much waste.) However, she started laying eggs in the QT, so I guess she was feeling OK.

I probably would not buy from that seller again, mainly because I've decided to buy fish locally. With patience, I've seen almost all the types of fish I want in stores. I would buy online, but only fish that I absolutely can't get around here.

The picture is a good idea. Also, look on Craigslist and look for a store that sells pond fish. It's late in the season, but my local stores carry more goldfish in the summer for pond season.

The shipping was immediate. While it is nice to get a fish quickly, the fish obviously wasn't fasted because there wasn't time. I didn't check the parameters of the bag. (RG fasts fish before shipping them so they won't foul their shipping water with too much waste.) However, she started laying eggs in the QT, so I guess she was feeling OK.

I probably would not buy from that seller again, mainly because I've decided to buy fish locally. With patience, I've seen almost all the types of fish I want in stores. I would buy online, but only fish that I absolutely can't get around here.

The picture is a good idea. Also, look on Craigslist and look for a store that sells pond fish. It's late in the season, but my local stores carry more goldfish in the summer for pond season.

Oh, that's awesome. I'm glad your fish did so well with the shipping. :D

And I've tried all the stores in my area (according to the yellowpages, anyway.), and the two that (might. I'm not all that sure they ever had any Bubble Eyes, lol) deal with Bubble Eyes can't seem to get their acts together... The one store was a Petco, so I can understand that one, but the second one was a store dedicated to fish. You'd think they would know what a Bubble Eye is... Meh. :unsure:

Though, the pond fish thing, when I asked the second store, a mom-and-pop-type fish store, about ordering the BEs, they said that they're slowing down their pond fish ordering, and that they can only order fish by 100's. And then they said the guy who orders goldfish won't be back for a while, so I'm not even sure what they're doing at this point, hence the reason why I'm looking into ordering online. :idont