Yay new shinies (decor) from the petstore....Might even be epic lol

MexiMike83

Went to go get some Prime from Petsmart and of course when you're there you have to come home with new stuff - especially if you're feeling depressed (my kind of chocolate. lol). So we got the prime and flourish from Petsmart and got some fluorescent bulb that I later found out is broke, got a baffle for the filter (thanks Koko) and then we went to Petco for plants. We ended up getting another piece of black lava rock and some wisteria.

Pics to come...

Oh, and everyone is fine. Thanks to everyone who helped, you know who you are ;)

yay! I love new fish stuff. yesterday i went out and bought another filter for QT, an air pump and some airline holders.

and I'm glad you are feeling better :) can't wait to see pics of the rocks and plants!

omg. that coconut song is playing - my gf is watching practical magic. lol.

Okay, so side note. The tank is still under construction. We need more Seaview so the background black sticks properly to the aquarium, and I need to get a better light. I wasn't clear before, the light fixture is broke, so I need to take back the bulbs. Does anyone have any experience with the zoomed double light sold on the Petco Website (click the blue "t")? Or recommend a good solid light for plants etc for a deeper aquarium (mine's a 56g column) 30x18x48. Soon as I clean the glass, I'll post pics. haha

Edited by MexiMike83

Tank Shot. Anubias left, wisteria right. Fake plant attached to suction cup at the top for a baffle.

P1050208.jpg

Koko. (I had been searching for a name for her for a long time and I decided on koko because without this site and you guys, she might not be here. Thank you. Oh and see!? Her eyes are all better!!)

P1050257.jpg

P1050172.jpg

Lucy

P1050262.jpg

P1050253.jpg

Together

P1050284.jpg

P1050185.jpg

P1050284.jpg

And a before pic, 8 months ago.

IMAG0404.jpg

Thanks for your time!

Edited by MexiMike83

It looks awesome! I just wanted to share that I had the dragon bubbler in my tank and had to get rid of it because it was causing health issues for my fish. It collects a lot of gunk in it and I even cleaned it once a week and it still always had a ton of gross buildup, without meaning to it acts as a filter like device except just trapping bad things in it. Just wanted to give you a heads up to keep an eye on it and keep it extra clean.

Tank looks awesome! I love the dragon bubbler too but I looked at it when I was at petsmart and it looked so sharp that I thought they might tear their fins on it or something....have you had any problems with it?

I also love the black sand but I'm afraid it would be too hard to keep clean. I scrub my tank down every 5 days and the sand would probably fly around and make a huge mess yet when I see it in others tanks it looks awfully pretty.

Thanks everyone!

Sharkbait, I'm sorry to hear about your dad :(

I haven't had any problems with the dragon yet. Although, I learned something. If you burry it too deep in sand, he will drool sand out his mouth. It's kinda cool. lol. As far as sharpness goes, I haven't seen anything unusual. Actually I worry a bit about the lava rocks holding the plants down as far as sharpness. But so far, so good :)

Yay new shiny. Really tho this time - I got a light the (zoomed aquasun t6 HO 30 from Petco). Not sure if I like it so I'm curious as to what lights you folks have that you bought online. Interestingly enough, Lucy's orange is really read depending on the light. Cool beans.

I'll open up a new thread about the light...

Edited by MexiMike83