New babies, and Pierre.

Drowsy

My beautiful baby blue apple snail that Dakotak ordered for me arrived today!

As well as a little extra baby. <3 who has orange eyes and is just precious aaah.

It was hard to get pictures but I wanted to show them off.

tumblr_mavtedJxHN1qmdkmlo1_500.png

tumblr_mavtedJxHN1qmdkmlo2_1280.png

tumblr_mavtedJxHN1qmdkmlo3_1280.png

And a video of Pierre being adorable:

And a quick question:

Anyone have a good way to raise the calcium in the tank?

Soak a piece of cuttlebone (bird section of the pet store) in water until it sinks (may take a few days), and then drop that in your tank. The snails will eat it for the calcium. Otherwise, a plain caltrate tab (vit d free, if you can find them) dropped in will also work for giving them enough calcium. If you feed gel food, you can also add pulverized caltrate tabs to that, and everyone can eat it. I dont think it will hurt the goldies. (Alex????) ;)

Soak a piece of cuttlebone (bird section of the pet store) in water until it sinks (may take a few days), and then drop that in your tank. The snails will eat it for the calcium. Otherwise, a plain caltrate tab (vit d free, if you can find them) dropped in will also work for giving them enough calcium. If you feed gel food, you can also add pulverized caltrate tabs to that, and everyone can eat it. I dont think it will hurt the goldies. (Alex????) ;)

Oh! I should say. he's in with my Betta Barnaby and the school of minnows in the 25gal. c:

The goldies nipped his antennae.

Sweet! I actually have cuttlebones on hand for my turtles. C:

Woot! You're good to go! Break off some pieces & toss them in some water to soak until they sink... that should be all you need. :D

Edited by JamieMonster

I keep a little bit of crushed coral in the filter in a stocking, and also mix some in with the substrate. The snails like grazing on it :)

I also add a piece of cuttle bone. It will float the first few days but then sink as soon as it soaked up enough water :)

I love how your large snail is holding the piece of food. Mystery snails are so awesome!

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

That video is adorable! He is seriously holding it........ so cute :)

I have cuttlebone in my tank, plus a tiny bit of crushed coral in my filters and I add koi clay to my water at every water change lol. And I already have pretty hard water. I am just obsessed with making sure my snails shells are good

My beautiful baby blue apple snail that Dakotak ordered for me arrived today!

As well as a little extra baby. <3 who has orange eyes and is just precious aaah.

It was hard to get pictures but I wanted to show them off.

tumblr_mavtedJxHN1qmdkmlo1_500.png

This is super cute. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...