Sign in to follow this  
anastasiam

Black moor with stringy waste

Have you been able to feed 1% of her body weight daily since wednesday?

The food got in kinda late on Wednesday so we only got about 12 pellets in her then, but Thurs-Sat she was eating all of it.. She just started this today :(. She's also been closer to the bottom today. Starting Thursday she was swimming around normally...

The food got in kinda late on Wednesday so we only got about 12 pellets in her then, but Thurs-Sat she was eating all of it.. She just started this today :(. She's also been closer to the bottom today. Starting Thursday she was swimming around normally...

Okay, keep trying to feed her for now. The closest you can get to that 1% mark the better, we want to get all those meds in her system. Let us know if she continues to spit them out and we can look into hand feeding her with a syringe.

She's starting to poop a really clear color now... No sign of any food color or anything. Should I try and feed her again now?

Yes try and feed her to see if she will eat them. Like Tithra said, the closer to the 1% the better

I tried giving her another pellet... I had to help her find it for a few minutes. She chewed on it for awhile, but spit it out half chewed :(

She keeps picking at the ground every so often like she's hungry though... I know the water is a little warm, 82F opposed to the 80F I was told to have her at (I'm trying to cool it down the best I can..)..

you may need to learn how to force feed your fish. i recommend that you head down to the pharmacy and buy a syringe (no needle) just the syringe.

how to prepare syringe food: the contents in the syringe is just a guide, you can put anything in there, more importantly, it shows the consisency of the food.:

here is an example video of how i syringe feed my fish, note, gills are not covered and the fish is very relaxed in my hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwTpEiMkZRU&list=FL1dHPvLH0UeFOp_UZIYwtZg&index=3&feature=plpp_video

Dexy refused to eat until she finished the bathroom... I wonder if she was unable to eat with that in her intestines... It was about as long as she is, clear with a little white inside of it...

She's eating great now :) just finished up a little over half of her food now (I'm giving it in small increments through out the night).

Thank you so much for the help again everyone!

Dexy refused to eat until she finished the bathroom... I wonder if she was unable to eat with that in her intestines... It was about as long as she is, clear with a little white inside of it...

She's eating great now :) just finished up a little over half of her food now (I'm giving it in small increments through out the night).

Thank you so much for the help again everyone!

This was exactly my thought when I was reading through the posts. If you haven't started the meds and the fish spits out the medicated food when you try, then there are irritations in the mouth/gills. However, if she's already on medicated food and is now spitting it out, it's the biggest sign that she's so full up that she can't eat any more. In this case, if she isn't poop, then we would have to help her purge. :)

Hello everyone!!

Dexy is doing great! Her pineconing has gone down to almost nothing! There is only about three scales that look a little raised, but not by much! She's eating great and happily :) she's been on the MM for about five and a half days and the Prazi was started Sunday... She hasn't bottom sit since the food scare a couple of days ago... I hope she continues to do this well :D

Thank you so much for all of your help! If it wasn't for everyone here, I don't think she would of had much of a chance... The folks at my LPS don't know too much about fish :(

100MEDIAIMAG0104.jpg

100MEDIAIMAG0116.jpg

Edited by anastasiam

that's awesome news! :clapping:

She looks so much better in those pictures :D Keep up the MMs and check back in once it has been 2 weeks of meds (or if anything changes before then)

Great news! Please continue the feed for at least 14 days, and let's re-evaluate. :)

Edit: we are of the same mind, Jess! :rofl

Hello everyone!

Today is Dexy's last day of the MM's... I went ahead and picked up the Jump Start with the MM's. I was just wondering what I should do from here?

Hello everyone!

Today is Dexy's last day of the MM's... I went ahead and picked up the Jump Start with the MM's. I was just wondering what I should do from here?

How is Dexy looking? Is all the pineconing gone etc. Behavior good?

She's looking pretty good :) . The pineconing is gone, and she's been happily swimming... She's no longer bottom sitting, and pretty much back to her old begging self :D ! She still looks a little fat, but it might just be they way she is now lol

Okay good :) a lot of fish will gain on meds because we are feeding an amount of food (1% of body weight) that promotes growth.

Feed the jumpstart for 2 weeks :) I can't remember if you have other fish or not, and I'm on my phone so I can't check, but if you do please keep dexy in qt for the next 4 weeks to provide time for the immune system to recover etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thank you! Should I continue to feed her 1% of her body weight of the Jump Start as well? I also still have her on the Prazi (her second cycle now). How long should I keep her on it?

I have on other fishy, he's being treated for scale loss currently... I'll keep her on the food, and QT for the 4 weeks!

Thank you so much.. She'd probably be a goner if not for everyone's help!

You can go ahead and continue feeding 1% of her body weight if you like. It is not totally necessary as it was with the meds, but this is actually a recommended amount of food for general daily consumption for young growing fish, so it's a good general guideline to follow anyway :)

For the prazi you want to dose the tank 4-6 times total.

Keep us updated if anything changes

Hello everyone!

My little dexy is doing very well right now... Except she's starting to have the odd colored poo again :(. She's very hyper active and seems to be loving the Jump Start. He 4th dose of Prazi will be tomorrow... I found one random wiggly red thing in the tank today during her BWC, I hope it came from somewhere other than her >:P ... Should I worry as long as she's acting healthy and happy?

Thank you!!

I don't think there is any cause for concern at the moment. :)

What kind of oddly colored poop?

Its white and stringy for the most part, but it also has clear segments... Its just frustrating to have treated her with the MM's only to have this start up again :krazy: . She was pooping normally while on the MM's (granted a lot of it lol), with only a rare case of the clear poops. But again, she seems fine for the most part... She's lost about .4 oz since the treatment started, and her pinecoining is gone completely :D

Time to fatten her up! :D