Sign in to follow this  
anastasiam

Black moor with stringy waste

Okay, so that is about 76 grams. So, 1% of her body weight will be about 30 pellets a day. Please break these up into 3-5 meals :)

Keep us updated on her, particularly the bloating so we can decide when to take the epsom out. It cannot be in the tank any longer than 8 days.

It might be a good idea to start a separate thread on goldie just so that we can keep discussions separate (I know it helps my feeble mind :P)

Alright, I'll work on getting a thread started for goldie...

Dexy seems to be having some trouble getting them down... She's happily wanting to eat them, but she's having a hard time seeing them and chewing them... do you have any advice..? I cleared a spot in the gravel for her to find them, I'm hoping she'll figure it out soon. Is there any thing I can do to help her eat it?

Photo-0053.jpg

She started bottom sitting and opening and closing her mouth quickly after giving some food..

Is she spitting pellets out or has she been able to get them down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like she's still struggling... She picks at the gravel every once and a while though...

I've never fed her pellet food before, and she did pick up about two or three at once...

Ok, so she's doing better now, but new scary things are happening...

After feeding her, we started seeing these weird things poping up in the tank. They are very tiny, about the size of the air bubbles, and kind of a green/silvery color. We looked at it under a magnifying glass. It was scary! There long, and they have... heads -.- . I swear I'm not crazy, I'll try and take a picture!

I know its a super bad picture, but here it is with the itty bitty lens of a magnifying glass!

Photo-0055-1.jpg

I'm glad she's eating now, she may just not be used to the pellet food. You can break it up into smaller pieces for her if you think it might help.

Regarding the things with heads.... I'm stumped on that. I will make a report to the other mods and see if they have any ideas. For now please keep up on water changes.

I'm on another water change now :) I've been doing them every day!

She seems to be eating the pellets now (quite happily I might add!), and she's much more active. Sorry, I had never seen her struggle with food like that before.. It scared me :( .

I would appreciate the help with those things.. I haven't seen anymore thankfully, but no one I know seems to know what they are either.

When is the last time you cleaned your filter? You may want to check in there for eggs or anything funky. Dragonfly or mosquito larvae were suggested as one possibility.

I cleaned my filter right before I put it in the QT tank... Its extra one I had on the established tank. I'll check it again real quick. Also, I've been giving her the food since last night, and today during the water change, we found some really nasty brown/slivery squirmy things. They crawl in the water like leaches... What do you think these things are now? I'm really starting to worry about my tank :cry1

Photo-0058-1.jpg

hun, don't worry too much, most of the stringy bugs like that which aren't attached to the fish do not cause any harm. it's the ones that are attached and feed from our fish that we worry about the most.

the nasties i mention are mainly introduced from breeders who keep poor conditions or do not treat their containment water regularly. they come on the fish in shipments and are then transferred into our tanks. if they go unnoticed, they can wipe out an entire community of goldfish.

so, what i think you see here is an airborne bug in larvae stage.

don't feed the fish for the next few days.. i bet they consume them. most are a wonderful source of protien for fish. they often get meals like this in outdoor ponds :)

ok.. i realize you have them on medfood.. do not take my advice for not feeding them for a few days. medfood is essential for them at the moment. just keep on top of your water changes and use a siphon to give the gravel a really good clean with each water change. soon, they should all be gone :)

good luck hun, they're some pretty spunky goldies you have there :heart

just checking in :) how is the bloating? How many days has she been in epsom now?

Also, I remembered that we stopped prazi treatment. You can actually start this up again if you like, but don't add the aquarium salt, just prazi. This is actually a great time to treat because the medicated food basically does the job that the salt does typically (preventing secondary infection from the flukes). Let me know if you have any questions on this :)

Oh wow, thank you tithra and stakos! I'm sorry, I just reeeeaaallly don't like squrimy things :ill ...

Its kind of hard to tell about the bloating since I'm around her all of the time... She still has some pineconing, but she's much more active. She's eating better (she loves the metromeds!), and her poo looks like its getting better. It varies between the normal poo, and some long, lighter than the food colored poo. Its not white and stringy like it used to be...

She's been on the epsom salt for 7 days, sunday being 8... And I stop tomorrow right?

I also started a thread on my fantail like you guys suggested :D ....

Thank you all so much!!!

So do I start the Parzi after the epsom without adding any other salt?

yes, Epsom stops tomorrow :)

if you can post some clear overhead pics as well as a pic from the side ie, gotta see all the body from side view, we can help you determine if the body shape has returned back to normal :)

Glad she is finally getting better! Good luck with the remaining treatments :)

Yes start prazi when you take Epsom out. Don't add any salt with the prazi, you don't need it bc she's on meds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I took out the epsom today... She started looking unhappy, so I did a 100% water change, took out the gravel and cleaned the filter of it carbon.

She's looks happier after the wc. She's really mad about not having any gravel to throw though :)

Looking at the pictures, the swellings gone down quite a bit, but still kind of there...

100MEDIAIMAG0086.jpg

100MEDIAIMAG0099.jpg

I'm still finding these every once in awhile though...

100MEDIAIMAG0082-1.jpg

100MEDIAIMAG0092.jpg

I also wanted to ask some thing else about the Prazi... I know the original instructions were to do a water change on on day 4 and on day 5 do a water change and add more prazi... I've been doing water changes everyday so do I add parzi everyday? Or do I slow down on the water changes?

If your tank is cycled and the water params are good you can slow down on water changes. Schedule is as follows:

Day 1: add prazi

Day 4: big water change

Day 5: big water change add prazi

etc.

If there is any question that you might have ammonia/nitrite in the tank without a water change, then definitely do a water change and just add back in the amount of prazi you took out if it is days 1-3 in the prazi schedule.

How many days has she been on MMs now?

I started the MM's on Wednesday night, so about 3 and a half days now... Shes not eating the pellets now... She only ate about 4 earlier. I just dropped some pellets in the tank, but she's picking them up and spitting them back out... She keeps picking at the ground, but wont eat them...