Training Fish to Eat from Your Hand (Video)

Sakura

Jennie,

Some of the trust-building exercises you talked about at the beginning of this video have really helped me to gain the trust and love of each fish I have. Thank you very much for creating this. :heart

My fish eat out of my hand, it's fun :) They even nibble on my fingers when I am cleaning the tank. When I first started to teach them to eat out of my hand, my ranchu scared me once. I was doing a water change soon after that, and was really focussing on cleaning the sand. And then I felt something 'biting' my fingers and I almost dropped the hose because it startled me :')

I've noticed that hand feeding can make it easier to introduce new food into the tank. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Very cool. I have a few angel fish and discus that eat straight out of hand without any issues. I think the bigger the fish is, the more comfortable it feels around

human hands, since they must be so huge for smaller fish! And yes, having them in an area they can see you alot, makes them more at east too.

Our 6ft is in the living room where someone always sits or walks by them. :)