Sign in to follow this  
melindapaolino

Gel food question

Hello all!

I'm going to be getting a black moor soon for my new tank and I am really interesting in trying repashy gel food as a staple food for him/her. From what I have researched, I want to buy soilent green. I have one question though, how much should I be feeding of the gel food... I will only be housing one fish in my tank, and I dont want to overfeed or cause swim bladder or something.

Also, should I be feeding him/her other things besides veggies? Should I add another type of dry food into the mix like sinking pellets?

Thank you so much for all of your help, I really want to be prepared for when I get my new fishy <3

You can feed repashy soilent green along with other formulated pellet foods, and even your own home made gel food, but repashy is pretty much the perfect diet for goldfish from what I hear as it has a great balance of foods, so you could just feed that as a complete diet along side occasional veggies and not through any other commercial foods into the mix- it is entirely your decision.

In terms of feeding, for growth, feed 1% of their body weight daily. You can simply weigh your fish and then the food to figure out how much you want to be feeding daily.

Veggies (blanched) are great to feed them alongside repashy, such as feeding some blanched spinach once a week instead of gel food. Additionally, it is always a good idea to fast once a week to aid in preventing constipation issues :)

In terms of feeding, for growth, feed 1% of their body weight daily. You can simply weigh your fish and then the food to figure out how much you want to be feeding daily.

This may be kind of a stupid question but how would I go about weighing the fish? and what do you use personally to weigh the food... just wondering :)

Thanks for your answer <3

This may be kind of a stupid question but how would I go about weighing the fish? and what do you use personally to weigh the food... just wondering :)

Thanks for your answer <3

Here is a video made my Moderator, Tithra, about how to weigh your fish :)

It's extremely informative!

Edited by Narny105