Sign in to follow this  
Shenlon

The quest for ranchu

I have been on a frantic search, for a special ranchu to call my own. I really want a young one , at max 3 inches.

I am located in Georgia. I cannot believe I missed the show that was here. I have called at least 40 pet stores.

If you know where I can get one in Georgia , or even Southern Tennessee, North Florida , East Alabama. Somewhere near the Georgia line. I will travel.

I have looked at the ones on Rain Garden, and been checking the auction sites like Dandy Orandas/GF Connection, Goldfishnet.

Nothing has really caught my eye, they are all beautiful, but I just have not found the one yet. Maybe I am too picky.

I will also throw this out there. If you know of a cute little ranchu close to you, and you have experience shipping fish, I would cover all expenses. I would like to work with you in maybe getting a video of the fish or just a picture.

I dream of a blue ranchu, but they are so rare. http://www.koiphen.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78258&stc=1&d=1136670362

Edited by Shenlon

I would keep checking goldfishconnection.com and maybe send the guy an email to see if he can help you out. Cheers.

I agree, send Goldfish Connection as well as Raingarden an email. They usually have only a small number of the fish they have on the internet. I know for a fact from other members that Steve from Raingarden will usually check if he has what you are looking for :)

I emailed Rain garden and there is no other ranchus ready for sale ATM. The next batch will be ready late winter.

Ken is expecting a shipment in November that will be ready late December.

I emailed Rain garden and there is no other ranchus ready for sale ATM. The next batch will be ready late winter.

Ken is expecting a shipment in November that will be ready late December.

Have you talked to Tommy from http://www.goldfishnet.com/home.asp

I emailed tommy and have not heard back. Maybe soon :) I am not giving up hope.

I emailed tommy and have not heard back. Maybe soon :) I am not giving up hope.

Never give up hun.... You know how long it took me to find Myng about 5 years :yikes

Slightly OT, but is there a Goldfish show that travels or is that setting local?

The vendors travel it seems. Like Tommy goes to Kokos show and the GA one.

Slightly OT, but is there a Goldfish show that travels or is that setting local?

Each area has there own Goldfish/ Koi clubs. Then the Goldfish/Koi vendors will go to each showing. Like Ashlee said Tommy will go from show to show. Some other vendors will too, just depends on how far they are will to drive or fly :)

That's really cool. There are no clubs in NJ where I am, but what a nice event!