Sign in to follow this  
abcdomo

Ammonia burns or changing color?

Bear's dorsal fin is down and I've noticed that his tail has somewhat of a tint of red in it:/ Zora seems to be fine and I did a waterchange earlier..he started being weird after I changed the water..it was less than 50%..and I don't have a test kit right now but plan on getting one:/ any ideas? Can fish turn a somewhat color red when changing colors..He's a calico fantail by the way..Also he wasn't like this before the waterchange his tail looked normal..Thanks in advance

Edited by abcdomo

Bear's dorsal fin is down and I've noticed that his tail has somewhat of a tint of red in it:/ Zora seems to be fine and I did a waterchange earlier..he started being weird after I changed the water..it was less than 50%..and I don't have a test kit right now but plan on getting one:/ any ideas? Can fish turn a somewhat color red when changing colors..He's a calico fantail by the way..Thanks in advance

We would need to see a picture or video and I am thinking we should put this in D & D since a down dorsal fin can mean some external parsites are bugging him ;)

I didn't want to put it in there since I can't test my water:c

In all honesty with out a water check its hard to say way and also no photos.... Normally redness is ammonia issues... Can you get your water tested at the LFS ?

It is ok is it possible to get your water tested at a store? most places will do it for free :hug

sniped :rofl

Edited by MissColonel

I have no one to take me right now..and I can't take a picture because he swims too fast and my phone can't send long vids:/ Also it's more of a light brownish red if that helps.

It is ok is it possible to get your water tested at a store? most places will do it for free :hug

sniped :rofl

Dough! :lol3

I have no one to take me right now..and I can't take a picture because he swims too fast and my phone can't send long vids:/ Also it's more of a light brownish red if that helps.

Do you have anyone or anything to get a video or picture. It doesn't have to be right now but see if maybe tomorrow someone could bring you to a store if that is possible :) The most I can recommend is daily water changes of only 25% since I don't know your ph out of tap or what it could be in the tank. ALthough soemtimes you can contact your water source and they sometimes can tell you your ph and kh/kg ;)

I know how this can be. Might I suggest using your phone, take a zillion pics and pick the best ones? I have to do the same thing, annoying I know. Pet stores will do it for free and if you have the money, I would get an API freshwater test kit. Good luck hon, we're here for you!

I'm getting the api master test kit hopefully monday..

I'm getting the api master test kit hopefully monday..

That would be great if you could :hug I love mine ;) Could you possible fill out the form up top to the best of your ability?