Incredible deal on anubias barteri var. nana

number20121

As posted as my status a little while ago, I had purchased a bunch of anubias barteri var. nana from ebay, and they just arrived.

I have not been this excited over plants in quite a while. The plants arrived in excellent condition, packed securely, not a single one dead even though they were shipped by standard mail from Taiwan, which took only one week.

The deal was for 14 plants + 6 free, although I have actually received 8 free - a total of 22 plants for the price of $ 36.99 (!!!!!) and free shipping (!!!!!), so each plant cost me an average of less than $ 1.70

Anyway, I am so impressed by the quality and size of these plants, I took photos of some of the smallest and some of the largest ones, and you will see that even the small ones are quite impressive. I had to prune only 9 leaves total from all these plants together.

Each plant has on average 7-9 leaves. The biggest one has 11 leaves, the smallest 4.

22anubias01_zps30b192b4.jpg

22anubias02_zps862e76d9.jpg

This is the only plant with a brown spot on an otherwise healthy leaf.

22anubias03_zpsb73acb19.jpg

22anubias04_zps43a4df16.jpg

22anubias05_zps784d29b9.jpg

22anubias06_zps2c39a1c8.jpg

22anubias07_zps18a27ae9.jpg

This is the plant with the lowest number of leaves, but is surely not a small plant at 6" from one end to the other.

22anubias08_zps9900338b.jpg

A huge pile of plants

22anubias09_zps74eb3e5e.jpg

This is the deal on ebay. In my opinion absolutely worth it. :) Needless to say, he is going to get one excellent review :D

http://www.ebay.com/...=item20b73f797b

very nice!! I hope we'll get some tank pics once you figure out where they are all going :D

Yeah, I expected them to be smaller than that :lol I already said to Steven that I won't be able to fit them all on the driftwood for the community tank :rofl

That means I need to buy some more nice large river rocks and let the goldfish have some more in their tanks :D

What a great find!! I think I'll be following in your footsteps, here. Are you going to bleach treatment? I can't imagine trying to stuff 20 little plants in a qt tank. Haha.

Yes, I disinfected them with bleach at 1:19 for 2 minutes. :) They all made it through that procedure very well.

As soon as I have some little bit of extra money, I'll probably buy another set too and fill my goldfish tanks up with some more plants. They love them! :D

That's an awesome deal, Fang. Can't wait for tank pics *subtle hint*. :)

I have posted a few pics of some of the plants in my big tank already :D

The remaining plants have been tied to the piece of driftwood today, which is still soaking to make it sink probably. But that way the roots can start attaching themselves to the driftwood. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Fang.

Anubias is my favourite water plant. I will definitely buy 1 set. Hopefully having 20 Anubias in my tank will reduce the NO3 the tab water already contains.

I will also start putting Pothos plant to grow roots in the water but... last time i placed a Pothos plant with roots in my tank it triggered breeding on my goldfish (they were swimming in the roots), so had it removed and added spawning mops.

Did you pay any extra tax?

Because you ordered from abroad.

Hey Fang.

Anubias is my favourite water plant. I will definitely buy 1 set. Hopefully having 20 Anubias in my tank will reduce the NO3 the tab water already contains.

I will also start putting Pothos plant to grow roots in the water but... last time i placed a Pothos plant with roots in my tank it triggered breeding on my goldfish (they were swimming in the roots), so had it removed and added spawning mops.

Did you pay any extra tax?

Because you ordered from abroad.

No, I did not have to pay any extra tax. They come in a surprisingly small envelope with not much weight to it, and the seller declared the contents as like "$ 8 worth of aquatic supplies" for customs.

That way I did not get charged anything extra :)

Guys i had an idea. Why don't we add photos of our tanks and fish on our facebook page and share it?

I will take a "before & after" photos and create a new Facebook account where i will share my stuff related to goldfish only.

I invested in these too! I did have a few leaf melts when I opened the little package up. And some of my leaves went yellow from the pre-planting bleach treatment and gluing stage, but they are all doing well now. :)

Possible! I had only one leaf turn more yellow, and simply snipped it off to promote faster growth. But there was not a single plant dead, right? How many did you receive? I wonder if he always puts a couple extras in in case of DOAs.

I Just bought a set lol

Let me know when you get them, if you too have a great experience with them! I am planning on buying another set too :D

Guys i had an idea. Why don't we add photos of our tanks and fish on our facebook page and share it?

I will take a "before & after" photos and create a new Facebook account where i will share my stuff related to goldfish only.

You are confusing me, my friend. :lol

What do you mean with "our facebook page"? You mean creating one just for goldfish where everyone can post their fish related stuff?

Doesn't there already a Koko's Goldfishworld page exist, or is it gone?

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Several of our members have FB pages dedicated to their fish, and that is great that they do so. However, because this is a forum, and because we actually like our members to stay on the forum, how about you still share the pics on here and not through Facebook?

Not everyone has Facebook, nor should they have to have one. The members that I know of who have FB pages all still share links of pics here that do not require access to FB, and I think that is the most considerate way to do things.

Thank you :)