Tiny Tots - not so tiny

number20121

Long time since I've updated on these guys. They are so gorgeous. I can not get over their fins. They surely do not have the greatest colors for being "shubunkins" and look more like sakura comets with a couple black dots on them, but I still think they are very pretty.

All of them are really chunky. They are a bit smaller than their parents were at the same age, but have great proportions.

I can't wait to get these guys into a pond :D :D

Finny is 3.25 inches body length. That's pretty good, considered that his momma Hugo is 5 inches body length at the age of almost four years.

Look at the length of his anal fin

tinies09211201_zps2ed76844.jpg

and the length of his pelvic fins.

tinies09211202_zpsb4bc0963.jpg

All four of the siblings

tinies09211204_zps398005a7.jpg

tinies09211205_zps62c91559.jpg

Trooper at the very front has gotten his breeding stars a couple months back :heart His tail got a few splits because he was battling me when I tried to hold him to get closeups of the cheeks. Needless to say, he won. Not one decent closeup :lol

tinies09211206_zps4366ce90.jpg

Comet goldfish is describing these fish very well. Tilty looks like a shooting star :)

tinies09211207_zpsbfaa8ac7.jpg

Derp faces and a really cool reflection on Finny's missing tail

tinies09211208_zps812d8743.jpg

Buttons has gotten his breeding stars as well. Love his fins in this photo :)

tinies09211209_zpsa442c9f2.jpg

Trooper's stars again

tinies09211210_zps645e552b.jpg

Attack of the cucumber

tinies09211211_zps2d5342fd.jpg

Ommmgg love their tails!!! So pretty! Buttons is so precious.

Wow those babies have GROWN! How old are they now?

Beautiful!!!

Gorgeous fish, Fang! Those are some pretty impressive fins. I love the lil cutie with the missing tail. :heart

Thanks, everyone! :)

Una, they are 18 months old :)

They are soooooo beautiful! When are you planning on the pond?

ASAP when we got our own home. This will be one of my first projects. I am almost tending toward an indoor pond though if my living room is big enough, because I just love the idea of it, plus me + outside = bad combination :D

woah! they are beautiful!!

what happened to finny's tail?

A couple weeks after these guys hatched, I noticed one of the fry having no tail. I guess it is a birth defect. In this photo he was only 1/4" long http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o618/number20121/fugufish02_zps041db113.jpg

He does very well without it though. As you see in the group shots, he actually is the biggest and fattest of the siblings. Having no tail is definitely no disadvantage to him :)

They are soooooo beautiful! When are you planning on the pond?

ASAP when we got our own home. This will be one of my first projects. I am almost tending toward an indoor pond though if my living room is big enough, because I just love the idea of it, plus me + outside = bad combination :D

woah! they are beautiful!!

what happened to finny's tail?

A couple weeks after these guys hatched, I noticed one of the fry having no tail. I guess it is a birth defect. In this photo he was only 1/4" long http://i1150.photobu...zps041db113.jpg

He does very well without it though. As you see in the group shots, he actually is the biggest and fattest of the siblings. Having no tail is definitely no disadvantage to him :)

thats amazing!