Short Intro to my new fishy :)

tithra

My new fish came today! :) (from raingarden)

He is so teeny compared to Edie! I will probably keep him in QT for a couple months to fatten him up some. As much as I love the look of a deep bodied fish, I purposely chose a long bodied one in order to lessen the chances of SBD.... having dealt with a floaty fish for the past year I want to do everything in my power to avoid having another one!

I couldn't get many pics because he is very skittish and began darting around when I turned on the light, so I'll have to do a more formal intro in a few weeks once he is settled (and once I have a name!)

I was really impressed by the water params. Ammonia was about .25, and Ph was about 6.6-6.8 (which means there was essentially no toxic ammonia in the bag)

IMG_0581_zpsdd0be93b.jpg

IMG_0580_zps1ef18fee.jpg

IMG_0587_zpsc8d69f77.jpg

IMG_0584_zps4f5d4f5a.jpg

IMG_0585_zps44829af2.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:heart :heart :heart Aww, look at that little cutie!!! :wub:

thanks shawn :)

What a pretty boy! I hope you have an uneventful QT and he is as healthy as he is cute :3

thank you! He seems healthy so far :)

Congrats on the RG fish.......so cute !!

have fun filling him out,.................. :clapping:

thank you! I have a lot of feeding to do :P he's such a little guy!

What an absolute cutie pie! Looking forward to seeing pics of his as he grows up. <3

Thank you! I am curious to see what he will look like when he begins to fill out some

Oh he is beautiful :) Congrats on the new beauty! Can't wait to see more pictures!

thank you!

So very cute! What are you gonna name him? ( I know gonna isnt a word, I'm just in a rush, agian. xD)

I'm not sure, my bf usually names the fish ;)

Awww what a sweetie!

I'm glad Edie has a new friend now:)

thank you :)

Look at those chubby cheeks! Super cute :)

I hope they get chubbier! :D

So adorable! I have seen this little guy on rain garden for a while now..love the coloring!! Congrats and hope QT is unevenful :D I'm sure Edie will love him!

edit: maybe some fry later on?? :)

Edited by sarajo

Aw you chose a good one, what a cute face! Congrats on your new fish. :)

thank you sakura! :)

So adorable! I have seen this little guy on rain garden for a while now..love the coloring!! Congrats and hope QT is unevenful :D I'm sure Edie will love him!

edit: maybe some fry later on?? :)

I am hoping for some fry! I am also curious to see what his color change will turn out as... I think he may end up white :)

Awww what a cutie! Congrats on the new chubby cheeker!! :)

thanks fang!

Congratulations Tithra!!! He is adorable!

So cute! His fins are gorgeous, and I like the look of his longer topline, hopefully there won't be any SBD with him :heart

Thank you :) He seems like a pretty steady/strong swimmer so far... fingers crossed.

Aww cool fish. I've also seen him on rain garden :) good luck Edie now has a friend:)

He's so cute! :heart Congratulations! He has such an adorable face :P

thanks narny :)

Omg He is just the cutest and look at that face :D I bet Edie is excited for this little stud muffin :rofl

She better be excited! I got her a mail order husband! :rofl

Congrats Tithra!! :) He's beautiful! :heart

thank you! :D