Found creepy crawlies on my tank lid!

I agree with Fang...my immediate thought was NOT that your tank was dirty but FLICK THE LITTLE BUGGARS INTO THE TANK THE FISH WILL BE THRILLED!! Betcha several have already fallen in & were devoured!!!!

As much as I hate them, living in the humid mid-west I see some every summer around the floor of my garbage can in the garage, ick! They really gross me out too but they are only just on their way to becoming flies :) Out in the garage I just spray them with bug killer or I flush them. Don't fret too much, at the worst you will have a bunch of annoying flies in your house. My husband is constantly hunting them down in the garage (flies) with a can of raid LOL

• Supporter

My whole tank, lid, light housing and light bulbs have all been scrubbed within an inch of their lives today! I haven't seen anymore of these nasties! Thank goodness. :)

yummy nasties apparently :P you should have used chopsticks for these gourmet considered slurpdelicious grubs. :rofl