Sign in to follow this  
Gcourtney

Ack yuck!

So I started removing gravel today and a cloud a brown came up so glad I'm going bare bottom.I believe it will take me about three weeks, of removing it to get it completely bare. , and I was wondering how can I make my intake lower to the bottom of the tank.

what type of filter do you have? How far from the bottom is it?

i have nothing to add, i was drawn here by the title.. that made me giggle.. :rofl

I think people add clear tubing that you can buy at a hardware store. Maybe someone will post a picture with what they have done but you might want to wait to see how well they pick up before needing to do that. Perhaps it depends on the filters but mine are also about 5 inches above the bare bottom and have no problem picking up debris from there. I see it for an hour at the most and then it magically disappears :)

I extend my intakes by sticking on BOTH the extensions that came with the filters. That way, cat and dog hair and moss ball fuzz (etc) can get caught on the basket parts so I can clean them off, and that stuff won't clog the filters as easily.