Bought some equipmenet on craigslist

Budakahn

So i got a used 10 and 29 gallon tank with filters and lighting and a brand new never used 40 gal for 95 dollars. Great deal as the 40 cost more than that alone.

My question is what is the best way to clean the used stuff there is allot of white build up whichakes me think they were salt water use, but the filter tubes have allot of build up i have them soaking in hot water now but wanted to know what everyones oppinion on the cleaning process before i start building my tanks the filters need cleaning are a topfin 20 and a topfin and a topfin 30

Thanx in advance

Also got a whisper 20 and whisper 10-30 air pumps and no tubing what are these for just adding more air to tank? Im new to fish keeping so need lots of help

Excelent i heard the bleach thing but wasnt sure. Vinegar is good too i have a bunch of distiled white vinegar im a chef ao its on hand at the house.

Right now im running a cycle of water through the 10 and i think im going to put schooling fish in it with some river rocks and plants

The 40 i want to put a ship reck scene with freshwater sharks swimming around

And the 29 i want 3 goldies and a floral setting

• Admin

Excelent i heard the bleach thing but wasnt sure. Vinegar is good too i have a bunch of distiled white vinegar im a chef ao its on hand at the house.

Right now im running a cycle of water through the 10 and i think im going to put schooling fish in it with some river rocks and plants

The 40 i want to put a ship reck scene with freshwater sharks swimming around

And the 29 i want 3 goldies and a floral setting

Awesome a Chef in the house.... I been teaching my self how to cook alot of things from scratch :)

My I suggest only 2 max in the 29 gallon tank :) 3 would push them to far as they can grow to 7-9" long :o

• Admin

That works so then i can get a bubble eye and a red and white ranchu

Now remember with bubble eyes you want to cover the intakes. The reason is some filter intakes can be strong and could pop the bubble sacks :(

That works so then i can get a bubble eye and a red and white ranchu

Now remember with bubble eyes you want to cover the intakes. The reason is some filter intakes can be strong and could pop the bubble sacks

good to know cover with what

Pantyhose works great :)

Having bubble eyes myself I don't think that is good enough to protect their bubbles. I use filter floss wrapped around my intake also have 30X the filtration since that does muffle the intake. I have never had my bubble eyes ever lose a bubble. Another thing about bubble eye is you can't really have any ornaments unless they are completely smooth. Certain plants I do avoid with them also and go with soft and flexible plants. You also have to be weary of substrate aswell. I recommend moonlight sand since it is very soft and fun for them, or barebottom ;)

Bubble eyes are special little goldies and are my fav breed :heart

Very good to know i was looking at a websight and noticed celestial eye goldfish and thought they looked very cool as well