Do you have a wait list?

bodoba

At the lfs I put things on wait lists, if they are still there after 3 visits (which is normally 3 months for me) I will get them.

Right now there is a beautiful calico pearlescale there. It was there last month but I noticed it's getting a little head growth so it's a crown pearlie!!! If it's there next time I will get it and make the accomodations. (lucky me I havea 10 gal qt)

I just saw a fantail calico with only one tailfin, it has a high humpy back so it may develop into a ryukin which would mean it would be close to a tamasaba (except that it's a calico coloration)

Anyone else have a wait list?

At the lfs I put things on wait lists, if they are still there after 3 visits (which is normally 3 months for me) I will get them.

Right now there is a beautiful calico pearlescale there. It was there last month but I noticed it's getting a little head growth so it's a crown pearlie!!! If it's there next time I will get it and make the accomodations. (lucky me I havea 10 gal qt)

I just saw a fantail calico with only one tailfin, it has a high humpy back so it may develop into a ryukin which would mean it would be close to a tamasaba (except that it's a calico coloration)

Anyone else have a wait list?

If we are talking fish~~~currently have no room for more~~~but in the "future" I would like a PANDA.................

If talking other than fish, I am told ALL the time "wait until the week-end" its a common joke with the family and I say "I live for the weekend"........ :rofl

I am TOTALLY w/ Alex on this 1 :saywhat Instead of "Can I afford it"? and "Do I have room"?,then making a decision........................I practically fall over myself pressing the 'BIN' button,THEN................ :oops::krazy::teehee

A self-imposed list? No way. If I see something I want and I have space, I would go for it. If I'm on the fence about it, I might wait to see how I feel later. But if you see something and love it and can afford it and care for it, why wait?

What's worse is my mom said I could get the fish and then we'll get a larger stock tank for next winter :S Talk about your enablers.

Oh also, for those of you that know my issues with my mother she who hates everything that breathes. She saw lovelychaos' betta and DEMANDS I get one for her! She didn't even believe me it was a betta cause the ones she's seen didn't look that pretty, I explained that that's cause they aren't healthy.

Could've gotten a similar colouring but I'm not looking for a betta yet.

WAIT FOR THREE MONTHS?????? If I have room & see a goldie I really want I tell my hubby to GO GET SOMEONE...QUICK!!!

My hat is off to you & your patience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I research, research, research, then once I decide what I want, stay out of my way! I have no patience once I decide what I want. Now I also have no room for anymore fish! Luckily for me, my lfs doesn't get in many cold water fish. If they did, I could be in serious trouble. My discus tank is easy to behave with, Discus all look the same, once you have a red, that's it and etc. etc. But with Goldies, they have such different characteristics and personalities, Yikes. :yikes

What's worse is my mom said I could get the fish and then we'll get a larger stock tank for next winter :S Talk about your enablers.

Oh also, for those of you that know my issues with my mother she who hates everything that breathes. She saw lovelychaos' betta and DEMANDS I get one for her! She didn't even believe me it was a betta cause the ones she's seen didn't look that pretty, I explained that that's cause they aren't healthy.

Could've gotten a similar colouring but I'm not looking for a betta yet.

Awww<3 Are we talking about Yuki, or one of the ones I missed out on getting? lol

Because I like the kinds of fish that would never win anything in a fish show, the fish themselves are usually the last consideration on the list. My wait list is really more like my waiting to get all my equipment together list. Once I can afford that, the fish is hardly a drop in the bucket.

Like koko, though, I also have a hunt list. But it's longer than I have room for, so... I guess it is also kind of a wait list. :)

Yuki, she saw the picture and went WOW THAT"S AN AMAZING GOLDFISH!!!! :lol

He is quite beautiful! XD I am not sure he quite fits into the category of goldfish!! :rofl And he was even prettier before the fin rot (: He is a doubletail, possible halfmoon. One of the more expensive ones at petco! He is also a dragon (: So if she goes out to find a 'goldfish' you can tell her what he is! (:

Edited by LovelyChaos

I dont currently have a "wait list" because i am saving up for 2 tanks (50-65 gal. for goldies, and 10gal. for a betta) but yeah i have noooo patience so im pretty sure my wait will be like "1... 1000 ok Im gonna by it!" :rofl

I used to have one. I would give myself up to the next paycheck to see if the fish I wanted would be there, but they never were. Not once. After the fourth disapointment (a beautifully chubby tiger ryukin). I thought to myself I'm going to put aside money that I have pre-approved for spending on goldfish so that I could still support my hobby that makes me incredibly happy and that I would have money for me and my household needs.

Once I had my max savings (max in the regard that I felt comfortable spending that much on fish), I shopped. It was the only way I was able to afford Dandy Oranda fish, that, and he had a sale going at the time, but it still took me a few months to get there.

I got tired of depriving myself of things I wanted because I had to make sacrifices for other necessary things, and being poor gets to be an old excuse fast. So I saved and gave my self this one allowance.

I'm still poor but I have super adorable fish to help keep my mind off of it. :)

I try not to buy fish on impulse. I usually think about it for a little while afterwards to make sure I absolutely have to have it. I'm at my stocking limit now so no more fish for a long time. I usually make a list of things I need and buy one thing at a time depending how I'm doing financially :) or if there is a really great sale.