Sign in to follow this  
Sharkbait3

YAY OBIO...............

after much thought, Tim has decided to build a tank stand to better fit me and my ability to better clean!!!!

he has already built me a platform bed, and Princess box for above the head of the bed, so I have no problem with him building the tank stand, I know it will be nice, and it will be sturdy and best of all it will be short so I can reach the inside and reach the filters.............

Now all he has to do is design it and draw it up............(he loves to build things)..............lol

Wow that is awesome Sharkbait!!! when he is done wanna send him my way :rofl I can't wait to se the outcome of this and your beautiful new stand :)

You are awesome OBIO ;)

Tim,

You can build me things, too! :rofl

:Congrats: Deb on your upcoming awesome, height appropriate, stand! :D

awwww you guys...............I am so happy, He is quite the builder......... I come up with the idea and he BUILDS............but he LOVES to get to use his tools.................

Don't hate ALEX, If you lived closer I am sure he would build you something.........

MissColonel, I can send you Tim, but I'm afraid you would send him back !!!.....................JK........................... :D

Yay! I can hardly wait to see it!!

you KNOW I will post pics~~~ :rofl

I can't wait either.................I will finally be able to reach !!!................ :clapping:

Yay!!! Tim totally rocks! Congrats on the up and coming tank stand. Can't wait to see. The stand on the 30 gallon looks awesome! WTG! :D

The new stand will be....drum roll........20 inches tall LOL! That will bring the top of the 55 down to 41 inches above the floor. With the tank sitting that low, Deb will be able to clean it easily, the center of gravity will be much lower (less risk of a tip over) and the tank will be just about eye level when laying on the bed on our bellies watching the goldies swim...well, the bottom of the tank will be right close to mattress level. Stand length will be 48 inches...actually closer to 49. Width will be right at 19 inches...that way will be a little lip all the way around the tank. Don't worry, the tank will be fully supported, the stand will be strong enough to hold many times the weight of the 55...and it will match the platform bed and the princess box thingie I built previously. Materials will be pine framing, stainless steel wood screws and lag bolts, water resistant luan, and LOTS and LOTS of poly based Pecan stain in high gloss.

As Deb stated earlier...I love building things, love any excuse to break out my tools....and really LOVE any excuse to go to the hardware store!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

Congratulations! My tank is too tall also. I have to get a step stool out to reach the bottom of it. :crazy:

As things go with my building projects....I do all the designing in my head....roll the initial design around in that noodley gray stuff up there between my ears for a day or two, then tweak the design, then some more tweaking, then toss out that design in favor of an entirely new design. I am currently on the third design....and this one I will be sticking with. I have begun "drawing" the design in Photoshop. I won't reveal any of the details of the new stand design....not even my dear Blue-Eyed Debra Jean will know the details of the design until I have the stand mostly built.....but her initial request for a basic and simple stand has been tossed out the window and replaced with something that I know she will simply LOVE once she sees it. I just need to figure out all the details of building this sucker.....material list, what tools I need to buy to do the job (my favorite part of any building project......."But Honey, I need a triple head orbiting router with a nuclear subspace field generator to build this.....so, I NEED to go to Home Depot and buy one.") This will be my first building project that involves electrical wiring.......well, not really....I have done construction work before......so I am familiar with wiring and such.....but as far as HOME projects go...this will be the first. Deb is going to LOVE this tank stand.......I might even earn enough Good Boy points to get a full blown Meat Loaf dinner out of this one!

Tim

Photos or it didnt happen :rofl

Photos or it didnt happen :rofl

Fear not....there will be photos....well, there will be if I can teach Deb how to use the camera. As we were eating lunch, Deb asked me how soon she would have her new stand. I told her I need to finalize the design, get all the measurements figured out, get the materials selected, figure out how much of each material I have to pick up, then start measuring and cutting (by far the most important step).

Tim

and this will please Drowsy too,...............

Tim is gong to put a "display" area on the tankstand so I can "showcase" my sculptors"................... ;)

Edited by Sharkbait3