Where should who go?

bodoba

Well my fish have come inside, they were very hard to catch. We were able to save 2 snails as well to which my daughter named Fisherman and Princess. I'm just wanting to make sure what the accomodations are alright.

I have about half of my water hyacinths (12 of 24) in the preformed pond in the basement. From filling it with 5 gallons buckets it is between 75-80 gallons and has a bucket filter from a 5 gal bucket that was used in the pond. I have 1 fantail (3-4" body), 1 pearlescale (maybe 1 1/2") , 2 commons (one 2" and one 2 1/2") and 1 watonai (2" body).

For a second set up I have the girls wading pool. I calculated it to be about 30 gals. (40" diameter and I'll fill it around 6.5-7 inches, the height is 8 inches) I plan on wintering the rest of the hyacinths, the pennywort and I have the fountain pump to use until I set up a second bucket filter.

So my question IS....

Where should who go?

I get about 38 gallons for the wading pool, and that's with a lot of surface area, so it's fine for two fish. The fantail is a big fish, so I would want it in the bigger pond with more volume. I'd say the pearlie and the watonai in the smaller pond and the commons and fantail in the larger. But a lot depends on personalities. You can always change them around.

I erred on the side of caution when it came to gallonage. I was thinking that the wading pool would be good for the commons since they could zoom around in an uninterrupted circle. The preformed pond is only 4 1/2 ft long. Once I get the pool set up I'll further with details.

Ok picture time :)

sept182012006.jpg

That is the whole set up.

sept182012001.jpg

Monster the biggest fish

sept182012009.jpg

sept182012041.jpg

The pearlescale, don't mind the water colour it's from the leaves, I haven't deadheaded the plants, cleaned the roots or de mudded the filter. Working on getting th epumps working first.

sept182012034.jpg

sept182012024.jpg

Don't know if that one works, doesn't on my comp.

sept182012015.jpg

All my plants in desperate need of deadheading.

sept182012011.jpg

Where all the fish currently are.

I'd say I have more than 50 gals in the wading pool. It's filled almost to the brim to cover the pump and I was hauling a LOT of 5 gal buckets down the stairs.

So who do you think should go where?

Update: I manage to clean the filter sponges out a bit so the water is looking clearer. I also broke my back doing most of the deadheading and leaf removal that I could. It's looking a little cleaner but the fish are looking hungry, can't decide whether I should feed them peas or repashy first.