Which betta should I get?

LovelyChaos

Getting new betta for breeding!  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which halfmoon betta fish should I get?

• Dumbo Butterfly
    • Copper
    • Black Copper Tiger
    • Salamander Butterfly
    • Blue Tiger Dragon

I am looking for a good male to breed. I am not concerned with minor faults because these won't be show fish (unless I get really lucky down the line) and I am looking for a good strong male to start out with. Keep in mind the form of the Halfmoon, which does actually shape a near halfmoon on the fins. You should be able to draw a 'C' completely around the bettas fins. I don't mind rays or slightly uneven caudals but in my price range these are as close to perfect as I can get (:

Dumbo Butterfly:

Dumbopurple.jpg

Copper:

copper.jpg

Black Copper Tiger:

blackcoppertiger.jpg

Salamander Butterfly:

Butterflysalamander.jpg

Blue Tiger Dragon:

orchidtiger.jpg

This is mostly just to gauge what people would consider a good male! I have tried my best to find a select few and I may not go with the most popular (; But do vote anyways! I want to know what people think (:

So amazing! He has been up for sale twice now and he struck me when i first saw him (; I was leaning for the dumbo, because the genetic variety is so great! Most likely whoever I get will be bred with a double tail for stabilization.

So amazing! He has been up for sale twice now and he struck me when i first saw him (; I was leaning for the dumbo, because the genetic variety is so great! Most likely whoever I get will be bred with a double tail for stabilization.

Yea but DT clutches always have a lot of culls because of shortened bodies and spine issues :\ DTs are my favorite tail type but I wouldn't cross them in unless I was breeding for DTs.

I think it might have been either a HMPK with DT genetics or reversed, I can't remember now :o but either way I have GreenTea to help me and I can always come on here and ask :3 I have a lot of time to plan. I'm only doing one pair to start so I can experiment :3 I love DT's too, my Yuki is a gorgeous DT. Though I don't remember if he was HM too. I am confused with what the difference is between HM and OHM cause all of their tails are 180 degrees.

True! If you are talking about the pure copper one, his fin has an uneven tear \: I don't know if that is because of genetics or fin nipping though ):

Edited by LovelyChaos