Myng is Sick

koko

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Just wondering koko if you had a microscope or felt comfortable getting a scrape from your fish?

I could try Myng, but Charlie... forget about it, he will not let you touch him, hes got a very strong personality :lol3

haha, the only way I would think of getting a scrape is plunking him in a really tiny container for a few secs to get a slime scrape. Just figured with it going on for so long that the more data we can get the better :)

• Admin

haha, the only way I would think of getting a scrape is plunking him in a really tiny container for a few secs to get a slime scrape. Just figured with it going on for so long that the more data we can get the better :)

Last time I tried to move him, I got a shower from him.. Thats how strong he is... :tomuch:

• Admin

Alex Help....

did a 50% water change for them yesterday...it was the second water change for the week :thumb: added .1% salt to the tank, Prazi too.... Myng now for some strange reason is covered with White stuff on his Wen more now than ever... I will double check the ph in the tank but I did add my normal buffer to the tank too... Its really strange :o

• Admin

Will you upload a pic of this Koko? Also, how is Myng's behavior otherwise? Still active and eating as before?

Still his normal silly self , no fins tucked or anything... Im wondering.. just wondering... When I took all that sand and coral out of the tank, did I mess up the KH and ph... :wall

It's very possible.

I think I've had this happen to me before as well, but I would like to see a pic just to confirm. I don't think it's anything alarming though :)

LOL

It does look like a lot of slime coat being shed there. Once you have your pH readings, I'd like to give Myng a 1% salt dip, if Myng has never had any pineconing before. :)

• Admin

LOL

It does look like a lot of slime coat being shed there. Once you have your pH readings, I'd like to give Myng a 1% salt dip, if Myng has never had any pineconing before. :)

OK Ph is 7.8 and the KH is at 80 :)

Never Pineconed and has never been sick till this :)

If salt dip... I know I can do a gallon bucket but I can for the life of me figure out how much salt... I know Im bad :lol3

OK...let's do a dip.

This one is the mildest of the dip, and I think it's all we need, although we might need to do another 1 or 2 dips over this coming week.

To make a one percent salt dip, you add 10 teaspoons of salt per gallon of Amquel treated water, or 38 grams per gallon of water if you weigh the salt.

Myng will need to be in there for a maximum of 5 minutes, but if there are signs of discomfort, remove immediately. At this level of salt, I don't think there will be any issues.

Let's try that, and let me know. You may actually see the slime coat lift off during the process.

• Admin

OK Dip done... I didnt have a 1 gallon thing :o shocking I know... So I did half a gallon and 19 grams of salt with Amquel in there.. He made it to 5 mins in his bowl. Of course he had to have my hand under him or he went side ways... I think hes totally blind :o

Placed him back with Charlie and gave them there progold... Both eating like no tomorrow. Also got some used crushed coral from the LFS :)

• Admin

Ok I did a 2% salt on Myng today and he lasted 4.5 mins... he didnt want to stay for 5 :(

then I gave them some green beans, but as I noticed after the salt dip... Myngs poo is Thin, white and very zig zagged :(

Charlie is very upset when I did the salt dip pacing back and forth watching us :o:lol3

Poor Charlie!

How is Myng? The stress poop after the dip is not unusual, though I think you should have MMs on hand just in case we ever need it.

How is the white on his head?

• Admin

Poor Charlie!

How is Myng? The stress poop after the dip is not unusual, though I think you should have MMs on hand just in case we ever need it.

How is the white on his head?

Ok so MM's not jungle AP food?

Metro or gold?

White stuff is alittle better this time, His swimming seems alittle better too :)

Metro-Meds, please. I don't like Jungle AP, unless it's home made or last resort. It makes fish VERY constipated. :no:

I think another dip tomorrow will be helpful. 2% or 1% is up to you! :)

I'm glad he is improving! :D