Myng is Sick

koko

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

How are they doing? I'm thinking to let them stay at 0.3% for one full week :)

They are really happy, not effected by the salt in fact happy as can be... :)

Will do Captain :thumb:

• Admin

Ok we did another 50% water change yesterday... added salt back to keep it at .3% salt.

the only strange thing is that Myng has a White spot now on his right eye. just showed up yesterday... All the other white spots that where on his belly fins are gone.... What in the world is this, never seen this before.... :(

Sorry to add to a somewhat older topic,

But I just wanted to say that he is the absolute cutest little guy ever! Oh my goodness... :wub:

thank you hun, I think so too, I love his fat belly :heart

• Admin

Could you try to take a pic of the spot, Koko? Is there any red to it at all?

Sure only Red I can see is on Charlies belly fins at the very bottom :( I think that was from my ammonia and from stripping the tank down. Not easy to see red on a Black fish :lol3

• Admin

Thanks, Koko.

I think it's fine. Just keep watch on him, but I don't think it's harmful.

What is bothering him though... Its only Myng not on Charlie... Its so strange.... :(

It is really strange.

Since it's so close to the eye, I would just leave alone and watch. If you see that it changes significantly, or becomes red, then we can try something. Otherwise, I think it might be best to leave it alone.

• Supporter

it may just be related to the wen growth and is looking a little whiter than normal because of the salt treatment. i agree with alex, it's too close to the eye to do anything about at the moment and it could just go away on it's own.. the best thing to do is let it be but keep watch of it. take daily pics of it if you need to so that you can have reference back to if it's growing, going away or staying as is.

• Admin

It is really strange.

Since it's so close to the eye, I would just leave alone and watch. If you see that it changes significantly, or becomes red, then we can try something. Otherwise, I think it might be best to leave it alone.

:thumb:

• Admin

Ok update guys... Alex I think its time to do the Prazi Pro... I have done and completed the .3% salt for a week... Myng is looking better, but now Charlie has red streaks in his tail fin, flashing about and very up set.. both of them now have more little holes in there fins....

Im want your opinion first and if so what should the schedule be... The had there last water change 27th 50% and salt to .2% :( I was lowering it back down....

Hi Koko,

If you are doing weekly WCs, then the easiest way is to do weekly dosing of the Prazi, right after each WC, with the first treatment getting the Prazi on the day of WC, and the day after.

Salt I would keep at 0.1%. Do you have any medicated food on hand?

• Admin

Hi Koko,

If you are doing weekly WCs, then the easiest way is to do weekly dosing of the Prazi, right after each WC, with the first treatment getting the Prazi on the day of WC, and the day after.

Salt I would keep at 0.1%. Do you have any medicated food on hand?

Not fresh ... Just two year old Medigold :yikes

Okay so IF I do a 70% water change that should get the salt to .1% right... Then I can add in Prazi ? Im doing two times a week water changes of 50% :)

The 70% WC sounds good. :)

What I would do then is to do this for 4 weeks straight:

- WC, add Prazi, four days later WC but do not add back Prazi, then another WC 3 days after that and repeat your treatment :)

Does that make sense?

• Admin

The 70% WC sounds good. :)

What I would do then is to do this for 4 weeks straight:

- WC, add Prazi, four days later WC but do not add back Prazi, then another WC 3 days after that and repeat your treatment :)

Does that make sense?

Ok Im doing a water change now... then Prazi in.... then my next one Just a water change.... Right....

then next water change after that Prazi... then water change and NO prazi? For 4 weeks.

Should I order some Medigold or MetroMed or Jungle AP?