Meet Araluen!

Narny105

I just picked him up today and after some time looking at him and searching for names, I have decided to call him Araluen (A- ra- loo- en) which means 'the place of waterlillies' It is an aboriginal name.

He is currently in a small temporary tank which is heated and has some floating plants, an Indian almond leaf, a little zoomed plastic resting leaf, and some kleafextract in the water.

He probably is very stressed since the tank does not give him a sense of territory, so I have covered it up so it is nice and dark for him to settle over night :)

Hopefully I can buy some stuff and get the 5 gal set up by tomorrow afternoon for him since I don't want him to be stuck in the temporary tank for too long since it is not very good at maintaining a good temperature..

Anyway, meet Araluen!

My video (I put a mirror next to him to get him to show- he is a show betta so he is quite used to it and I might keep it up once and a while to maintain his strong form)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFjsP8DOuH4&feature=youtu.be

And the suppliers video which shows his colours a lot better

Mine actually did that for a month or so, but now he wont even touch the shrimp. He kills the pellets when I feed them to him. XD

why can't they just eat like goldfish? :rofl

XD I have really picky eaters! Mine don't like spinach or most other green things. I am sure that he will get tired of the shrimp and lust after pellets eventually!

Mine actually did that for a month or so, but now he wont even touch the shrimp. He kills the pellets when I feed them to him. XD

why can't they just eat like goldfish? :rofl

XD I have really picky eaters! Mine don't like spinach or most other green things. I am sure that he will get tired of the shrimp and lust after pellets eventually!

:rofl lucky you! Mine eat anything that falls into the tank :D He's still quite stressed so I am hoping to get him on pellets after a few days or him settling into his 5 gal when I set it up. He hasn't regained all of his colour yet but I don't expect him to in his temporary tank :)