Sign in to follow this  
LovelyChaos

I am getting new plants!

So I get 25 dollars worth of goldfish plants! I am super excited.

I was thinking of getting a bunch of cardamine lyrata and some lace java fern and marimo moss balls. What do you guys think?

What website is best for getting plants at a good deal?

Edited by LovelyChaos

I hope your moss balls survive! I've heard goldies like to tear them up. I've wanted some lace plants for a while, but last time I went to my LFS they were out of stock :C

Mine actually seem very put off by green lol. I am not too sure why but I am totally fine with it (: Plus, if they eat it I can put it in with my betta or my soon to be community tank :3

I like how they look! Like little fuzzy hills :3 I just hope that since my goldies don't like spinach they will stay away from the moss ball!

Have you tried plantedaquariumcentral? Everyone raves about her :)

Yes! I was looking at panted aquarium central. I just don't know what shipping is and they are out of ludwigia ): I'm going to check my LFS and if their selection sucks im just going to shop online (:

I always order from planted aquariums central. Shipping if I remember correctly has usually been 8-10 dollars

I love cardamine! The Giant cardamine has a really nice smell to it and actually will thrive with goldfish since they usually won't eat it in my experience, but the cardamine lyrata was gone within days :P

Edited by Narny105

I agree with Hidr. The planted tank has great deals and shipping is cheaper-usually. You just have to keep an eye out for what you want. I've bought plants there and have gotten some really good deals. :)

Sometimes you can put up a WTB and even if no one has it up for sale someone might have some they would part with. The only thing is you wont get moss balls on there. At least I have never seen any but since goldfish usually eat them maybe you can get something else.

Actually my goldfish seem to be averted to green food, they don't touch my microsword or my java fern. I do want to try a moss ball and if they pick at it I can always move it in with my betta or community tank (: Thank you! I actually didn't realize the planted tank had a section for that. I could not navigate that site to save me. XD

Actually my goldfish seem to be averted to green food, they don't touch my microsword or my java fern. I do want to try a moss ball and if they pick at it I can always move it in with my betta or community tank (: Thank you! I actually didn't realize the planted tank had a section for that. I could not navigate that site to save me. XD

your lucky Charlie killed both of my Sword plants... it was like a salad bar to him :o

your lucky Charlie killed both of my Sword plants... it was like a salad bar to him :o

My commons uproot my microsword very often but they leave the roots alone and it grows back (: They also uprooted a java fern, but it wasn't well rooted to begin with. They actually preferred my bamboo when I had it in there. They seem to only like peas and green beans. I tried spinach but they weren't interested in it at all \:

I have a moss ball made from some kind of java moss or willow moss. Very cool.

Alright, I get to choose one more plant, and I am stuck between cryptocoryne spiralis, hygrophila corymbosa, or echinodorus ozelot sword. Which one would be best with goldfish? I would like to know what has worked best for growing any of these plants. I want a really heavily planted tank, but I can't have too many pointy plants because of my Tui with the damaged eye. What would you guys recommend (: I use Kent Plant Conditioners (Iron, manganese, and other vitamins.)