Sign in to follow this  
Shenlon

Making a menu

My tank just cycled and soon I will have my first goldie. I want to start him/her on the right track.

I have been reading a lot on this forum. I am trying to get ready.

So far I know I want to feed them at least a menu of pro gold and soilent green. I also need to get a stash of frozen peas.

Is there anything else that they would really love ? How about the freeze dried bloodworme/krill from gfconnection ?

If I get a veggie clip , what veggies do they go gaga for ?

And a final, probably stupid question, with soilent green I know it is a gel food , do you have to buy your own gelatin from the grocery ? If so what kind ?

Thank you for your help. :)

My tank just cycled and soon I will have my first goldie. I want to start him/her on the right track.

So far I know I want to feed them at least a menu of pro gold and soilent green. I also need to get a stash of frozen peas.

Is there anything else that they would really love ? How about the freeze dried bloodworme/krill from gfconnection ?

I like the frozen bloodwormsmyself by hikari myself :) and herd the are a bit more nutricous too just gross though lol.

blanched spinach,cuncumber,zuccinni, grean beans are what my goldies like( it did take them awhile though that the veggies weren't going to kill them though :rofl

And a final, probably stupid question, with soilent green I know it is a gel food , do you have to buy your own gelatin from the grocery ? If so what kind ?

Soilent green is awesome and you just need to add water and cook it(micorwave or stove) you can also add your own proibiotic if you like too ;)

Thank you for your help. :)

Guest Jessie

Do you mean you need to buy gelatin for the soilient green? I dont think so, but im not a expert. My goldfish like a very tiny slice of unpeeled grape.

Any kind of frozen bloodworms are good for an occasional treat, and provide extra protein for growth. I like Sanfrancisco bay myself, but Hikari should be fine. Freeze dried usually isn't good though; they float and do NOT come down! Less nutritious too. I might add it to the gel food for extra protein, but otherwise? No, freeze dried isn't great.

Spinach, romaine lettuce, kale, turnip greens, zucchini, and cucumbers are good. Broccoli if they don't get floaty from it. A section of orange or lemon once a month is good for them too; they appreciate vitamin C, but too much fruity sugar will make them fat and unhealthy.

Nope! Soilent green comes with it's own natural gelling agents and only requires you to add water. That's why I like it so much.

Edited by Evening

Guest Jessie

Also, just to say, the pea really fogs the tank. I hate that. -_-

I've never had a problem with peas fogging up my tank. Perhaps you're cooking them too long, or smashing them too much? They should pop out all in one piece basically.