Sign in to follow this  
sod84

Please need help, oranda lethargic and only swimming in 1 direction

Thx for all your wishes everyone

Hi all, So my poor oranda is not doing much better. In fact it seems like he's showing symptoms of SBD. I saw him this afternoon bottem sitting, but upside down :( i thought he was dead. then he rustled a bit and he is now bottem sitting upright again. He sometimes headstands in the middle of the tank, looks like hes going to flip over, then he rustles and returns back to normal position agagin.

Could this just be a case of SBD?

Could you put up another video of him? How is his appetite? What and how much have you been feeding him in the last few days?

Here is another video. He does try to eat, but he is not as aggressive when he's competing for food. I been feeding him omega one sinking goldfish pellots, about 2 fingerfuls for the 3 of them 2x per day. I also fed 5 spinich leaves on i think Monday.

The video ran away :o

Let's fast him for a couple of days, so we can eliminate the possibility of digestive issues being part of the problem.

woops stilll uploading ... i'll link it when its finished

ta

Thank you for the video. Where are you in terms of treatment and salt? I do think that it will be worth while to fast him for a couple of days, although it doesn't quite look like a floaty issue to me.

currently its 0.2% salt.

i've only done 1 round of prazi so far. Planning on doing a big water change today. I wasn't going to do the 2nd round of prazi, as he doesn't seem any better at all. And I also wont be able to follow the water change regimes that is required with the Prazi when I am away.

If required I can do 2 rounds of prazi treatment when I come back towards the end of October.

I think we might just have to do that while you are away.

I hope he will be ok while im away. Thx for your help alex. What do you think it may be, still flukes? or possible SBD

It could be an SB/gas issue, although I can't quite see that. I would go ahead and fast for a couple of days, though. You'll get a better sense of that by that point.

With flukes, sometimes it takes more than one round before they are back to their normal selves. It's not always like that, but it does happen.

good luck sod, i was hoping there would be some improvements with the treatment before you left. will there be anyone tending to water changes during your absence?