Sign in to follow this  
dracoluna

tropical tank nightmare!

yay first thread! okay so i have a tropical tank &it is a 50 gallon and i have an 8 to 10 inch male plecostomus , a female albino catfish ,& 3 bloodfin tetras... i think one boy 2 girls. but my plecostomus loves to hide in my castle or behind it , my catfish is always on the bottom of the tank , & my tetras are middle fish, & my tank always looks empty!. So what i wanted to do to fix that was to get some of thoes upside down catfish(like three of them) & maybe a banjo catfish & if my 3 pet stores still have them maybe snails for plecostomus to munch on because yesterday my hand was in the tank to fix my bubbler & my pleco,he's like a dog ya know the ones who nudge your hand to get you to pet them ya my fish does that & he was wayyy bonier than last week & so was the albino so i think im gonna have to start giving them ALOT moar food . So anyways back to the empty tank problem i will take any suggestions as to what fish i should put in the tank.Please please please tell me what i should do about bony fish cuz i already had to change out EVERYTHING & i mean everything twice due to ich. so plz comment on how to fix this everlasting nightmare with my fish! :cry1

Give them cucumbers. Sinking foods is also good. I would add a lot more bloodfin tetras then need to be in groups of 6 or more. And then maybe some hatchet fish. Also dimmer lights might help your bottom dwellers come out more in the day time. What kind of albino catfish? If is is a cory you need at least 5 more but the larger the group the more you well see them.

Good luck

my albino is cory-banjo mix or so the previos owner told me

I would see about some more cory cats then.