Sign in to follow this  
sarajo

hikari algae wafers

So I picked up some hikari algae wafers today because they were inexpensive and I thought it might be a nice treat for my fish. Otis loved it. I'm just wondering if it's good for them to have since I've read alot of mixed reviews for other commercial food.

What do you guys think?

My Goldfish have always loved them :) I have never heard anything bad about them though :(

Awesome! I was surprised to see how much he enjoyed them , then again he loves all food. It was fun to watch him nudge the wafer around his tank too!

I feed them to my corydoras as well as my snails, and all of my fish including my goldfish have eaten them. I personally really like the hikari brand of foods and I prefer them over other brands. They are one of the best and most trusted brands commercially available to me (this will vary depending what brands are available to you) and I have found no issue with them or any other hikari food at all.

They are made more for bottom feeders and not goldfish, but are perfectly fine as a treat if you want to feed them :)

Edited by Narny105

I like Hikari brands also.................I would have NO reservations feeding my fish these !....................... :D

My goldfish love them so much even my pleco cannot get a bite out of it....

Yay! Thanks guys. Do you feed whole wafers? I fed 1 for my two smaller goldies to share and it looks like it made their bellies really round, almost bloated so I think they will definitely just be a treat every once in a while. It's nice they enjoyed it so much though! :)

Mine finishes them within two hours. Its fun to watch them =D

I tried these with my guys for the first time last weekend and OH MY GOODNESS they love them. I agree it is fun to watch the fish chase them round the tank. :)