Sign in to follow this  
Gcourtney

What are some good brands of goldfish food

What are some goldfish food brands I know about repashy I was just wondering what other good brands are out there. My Lfs sells brands like hikari I' m not sure their other brands because I haven't really got food from Them. I'm going to get my new oranda tomorrow and was going to switch from flakes to pellets or gel food.

Edited by Gcourtney

Besides Repashy, my favorite brand of goldfish food is Pro-Gold by goldfishconnection.com. I actually think I like it best, except that it does cause floatiness in some unfortunate few goldfish.

Other brands that are good that you can buy at your LFS:

- Omega One

- Hikari

Hikari is good (be sure to get the sinking pellets or to presoak the floating pellets). Progold is an excellent pellet, it really helps with growth although some fish may become floaty after feeding. Omega one is also a fairly decent food. You can check out how to create a balanced diet for you goldfish by checking out my article here.

EDIT: oops Alex beat me to it! :P curses!

Edited by Pearlscaleperfect

Repashy, Pro Gold, New Life Spectrum.

Fairly expensive stuff. There's a middling tier underneath that which is a lot cheaper and is... okay. You're gonna pay for quality though.

I figuired if i'm going to get some plants and a new goldie tommorrow why not switch foods. calies current food is tetra gold plus and hasn't help much with growth and being a telescope its hard for her to find it at first, also its a flake based food and with flask they get in every crack and can start to rot quickley. thanks for the replies

:nana

Edited by Gcourtney

Repashy, Pro Gold, New Life Spectrum.

Fairly expensive stuff. There's a middling tier underneath that which is a lot cheaper and is... okay. You're gonna pay for quality though.

this is what I use along with Repashy..............Hikari I have used too, and fall and autumn pond sticks for variety...............just make sure they are sinking or soak several minutes before feeding to fancy gold fish............... :D

I love Saki-Hikari. That and Repashy Soilent Green have been my two staple foods lately.

I currently love my Hikari brand (saki,algae wafers,sinking pellets, frozen blood worms and brine shrimp) foods but am switching over to Rapashy gel food in the next month after all the good things I have heard here :)