15 gal "natural" look tank

goldylove

01092012375.jpgthis is the current set up for my babies with natural driftwood & plastic plants. i am very keen to upsize & will do so very soon. i like the sandy gravel for them to forage in. you can just see gary the snails yellow shell behind the front piece of wood! always having issues with the airlines, thay look so ugly & are difficult to keep hidden under gravel. perhaps a bubble wall in the next one to reduce ingoing lines?

• Supporter

it's very natural looking.. what tank size do you have currently and what are you wanting to upgrade to.. i see you're in Melbourne, if you're in the market for tanks, you can try my supplier Geoffrey at New Life Aquariums in Richmond.. tell him i sent you and he will look after you :)

It does look very natura l :) good Job!

I also recommend live plants instead of the plastic ;) maybe some anubia's to start with they are very easy to grow plants and most goldfish wont eat them ;) lol

Yes, an anubias would look great with your driftwood. I've seen some very nice tanks with a mix of live and artificial plants. :)

wow, thanks for all the comments! :) i'd love to try some real plants & was thinking of some anubias & java moss on the driftwood, although i've read that java moss can take over if you aren't careful! i really love the moss on driftwood so it looks a bit like a bonsai (see picture). i currently have a 15 gal (2 ft) & i'm looking to upgrade to a 50 (3 ft) or 58 gal (4 ft).

stakos, thankyou for the offer, i'm looking at a basic 3 or 4 ft tank on a pine stand. if your guy in richmond can beat amazing amazon in glen waverly on price i'll check it out! 3' x 14" x 20" = $129 , 4' x 14" x 20" = $149

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee517/strangedays101/aquascaping_ideas_smallTank8_Photo1.jpg

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee517/strangedays101/timthumb.png

• 3 weeks later...